Argon Wii-Clip Nightmare !!!

gizmoworld

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive installed a couple of argons before with the 13 wire install and all went well, But I decided to try a wii-clip with it for a change! (Big Mistake - Well it was for me) I soldered Argon to wii clip and then installed it into the wii, put a backup in and all was hunky dory, but it didnt play originals, so I unclipped it and clipped it a few times more and still the same problem. Then I noticed the clip was abit looser than before and when i shut the case it was just moving off the IC. So I said to myself I wonder what firmware the argon had (as i know that 1.3 had a problem with playing originals) So I got the programmer out (first time Ive used it) and programmed it with wasabus 2.0 FINAL then my plan was to desolder the Argon from the clip and install the 9-wire install. So started desoldering (after a few cans of stella lol) and ended up wrippin the copper/metal contact pads of the H pad ARRRRGGGGHHHH I was well pi$$ed off and ended up scraping back the track and soldering the wire to the track (would have been alot easier to just solder to the leg of chip on Argon but I was on my 6th can and wasnt thinking straight... Anyway done the Install and all is working fine backups and originals......

SO MY LONG STORY IS THAT I HATE THESE CLIPS NOW!!!!! AND WILL ONLY TRUST THE HARD WIRE INSTALLS FROM NOW ON!!! JUST WARNING YOU!!!! BUT THEN AGAIN FITTED A FEW D2CPRO CLIPS AND THEY WERE FINE!!! BUT ARE THEY WORTH IT!!! OR WAS IT JUST MY ARGON HAD THE WRONG FIRMWARE WHO KNOWS BUT I AINT USING THEM AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Had a few beers so appologise for the long story lol cya!!!!!

Back