Are you overweight?

Are you Overweight?

• YES - I have 7 chins

Votes: 31 64.6%
  • NO - Fat People Sweat a LOT!!!

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
blimey every one is talking about shedding pounds and i want to put it on!!!i wish i had a bit more fat on me!!!! no matter what i do or eat it dont do shit

I'm skinny, always have been and I think always will be.....

I eat like a proper greedy fooker just to maintain my skinny'ness. If I don't eat double portions weight just drops off me.

I'm the heaviest I've ever been, started growing a belly that stuck out ever so slightly at 25.

I was very unhealthy until recently too, started walking to work and god its made a difference to my stamina and general fitness.

I can jog to the shops now and back without feeling like death.

blimey every one is talking about shedding pounds and i want to put it on!!!i wish i had a bit more fat on me!!!! no matter what i do or eat it dont do shit

Same as you m8.

Didnt scientists do some research that says generics have alot to do with ones weight?

Sounds right to me cos my gran was always really skinny too......

Come to Scotland and get some deep fat fried everything into you ;)

to loose any amount of weight u must do @ 45 mins cardio and have a very sensible diet eg: cut out all fried food cut out all chocolate and fizzy drinks cut down on ur salt and sugar intake eg: if u take 2 sugars with ur tea or coffee cut it down to 1 or below have lots of grill and steam food like fish lean steaks lots of vegetables and drink plenty of water @ lease 2 litres a day and most important no carbs after 6.pm in the evenings eg: no.. rice, potatoes, bread etc.. carbs r great for nrg but when not in use easily turns into fat so only have empty carbs like plain salad no dressing and u should notice a big different in ur weight... these r the sacrifices u have to make if u want to see good result

Last edited:
yes i'm overweight too but did get down to 11st 11lb now back uo to 14st 5lb
think i need to walk more

if you're serious about bulking up then you need to follow a diet of a LOT of healthy foods, empty calories wont help u

ive tried from lots of healthy food to high intake of unhealthy food etc etc and my weight stays about the same...my metabolism is hardcore!

what do you mean @Sirros?

to loose any amount of weight u must do @ 45 mins cardio and have a very sensible diet eg: cut out all fried food cut out all chocolate and fizzy drinks cut down on ur salt and sugar intake eg: if u take 2 sugars with ur tea or coffee cut it down to 1 or below have lots of grill and steam food like fish lean steaks lots of vegetables and drink plenty of water @ lease 2 litres a day and most important no carbs after 6.pm in the evenings eg: no.. rice, potatoes, bread etc.. carbs r great for nrg but when not in use easily turns into fat so only have emty carbs like plain salad no dressing and u should notice a big different in ur weight... these r the sacrifices u have to make if u want to see good result

Pretty much yeah, if all you want to do is lose "WEIGHT" then its a simple calculation of eating below the amount of calories which maintains your current weight, they say 2500 but its bull, its compleltely different for everyone!

BUT, if you want to lose FAT and maintain muscle it gets very hard to do so, you need to structure your diet around your training and use cardio at around 60% of your maximum heart rate, any more (speakin generally, again its different for everyone) and you will go catabolc (muscle loss) after burning the carbs which you have eaten to fuel your workout.

I recently lost 4 stone in 8 weeks, half a stone a week.
No exercise involved.

Its the hardest thing I have ever done.

ive tried from lots of healthy food to high intake of unhealthy food etc etc and my weight stays about the same

what do you mean @Sirros?

Well its a case of getting a LOT of calories and for a lot of people that hard, so a lot of people suggest drinking your calories in shakes.

You need to maintain a certain amount of protein in every meal as well as get your healthy fats, but if your bulking, high carbs are imperative in every meal BUT not just any carbs, they need to be low GI so the energy is used consistently over a longer period and it doesnt spike your blood sugar levels meaning the carbs will be used quickly and any excess may be stored as fat.

Heres a sample bulking diet, not mine taken from another site!

Sample Bulking Plan
07:00 Wake

07:15 30 minutes very steady cardio (3 times a week)

08:00 80g oats or muesli with 200 ml skimmed milk
7 egg whites, 2 whole eggs fried in olive oil
Small piece of fruit

10:30 TT V2 shake:
35g protein blend powder (NB this is not whey)
10g of peanut butter or coconut oil
2-3 Weetabix
Half a green banana
Blend with water

13:00 175g grilled chicken or tuna
100g basmati rice or wholemeal pasta
Veg selection including a few mixed seeds

15:30 TT V2 shake:
2-3 Weetabix
Half a green banana
Blend with water

17:30 Weight train, drinking water throughout
Weights or HIIT cardio on days off
18:30 PWO shake:
40g whey
3g l –leucine
3g glutamine
3 Weetabix or 60g oat power

19:30 150g salmon or lean red meat
70g basmati rice
Fibrous veg selection

21:30 35g protein blend (Casein/milk/whey/egg)
5ml flax oil

23:00 onwards If you do happen to wake a small whey or casein shake can be consumed during the night

note, the intervals are an important part of any diet

Last edited:
@sirros
mmm shakes may be the way to go..'i'll give it a try and see if i become obese in a months time

Well its a case of getting a LOT of calories and for a lot of people that hard, so a lot of people suggest drinking your calories in shakes.

You need to maintain a certain amount of protein in every meal as well as get your healthy fats, but if your bulking, high carbs are imperative in every meal BUT not just any carbs, they need to be low GI so the energy is used consistently over a longer period and it doesnt spike your blood sugar levels meaning the carbs will be used quickly and any excess may be stored as fat.

Sample Bulking Plan

Small piece of fruit

2-3 Weetabix
Half a green banana
Blend with water

2-3 Weetabix
Half a green banana
Blend with water

40g whey
3g l –leucine
3g glutamine

70g basmati rice
Fibrous veg selection

5ml flax oil

23:00 onwards If you do happen to wake a small whey or casein shake can be consumed during the night

I would hate to be in the same room as me after eating all that...........talk about toxic fibre farts!!!

It might drop off but what happens when you go back to normal food?

Sounds like a yo-yo style plan, without introducing excercise and proper eating habbits I can't see how it would be long lasting.

Not really, like any other diet.

With this one, I found when you go back on food, all the sweet stuff is too rich and makes you feel sick when you eat it. All you're old tastes changes.
You can stay on the maintance plan if you like, but at the end of the day with any diet, if you consume more than you use, you will put on weight.
Its up to the person to control intake and do exercise if you're intake is too high, not up to the diet. The food replacements job is to get you to a starting position, the quickest way possible.

If you're keen on loosing weight, try it, don't knock it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sample Bulking Plan

Small piece of fruit

2-3 Weetabix
Half a green banana
Blend with water

2-3 Weetabix
Half a green banana
Blend with water

40g whey
3g l –leucine
3g glutamine

70g basmati rice
Fibrous veg selection

5ml flax oil

thats an extreme bodybuilding guide he would have to start for 1 going to a gym and workout with weights and start working his way up to heavy weight while doing cardio twice a week eating lots carb as well as protein as well as weight gain drinks in small portions throughout the day and continue to work on his in heavy weights training

Back