Are you Overweight?

• YES - I have 7 chins

Votes: 31 64.6%
  • NO - Fat People Sweat a LOT!!!

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not knocking it mate, just curious.

It's just that statistically these types of diets almost always fail in the long run as they don't mold the dieter into living a healthier lifestyle, if it works for you then that's great, that's all that matters :)

I would give it a try as I do goto the gym anyway so I could use this type of plan to get rid of the weight then maintain my weight with regular exercise, but there's no local pharmacies in my area and it's a bit expensive.

Last edited:
I'm not knocking it mate, just curious.

It's just that statistically these types of diets almost always fail in the long run as they don't mold the dieter into living a healthier lifestyle, if it works for you then that's great, that's all that matters :)

This is just it, people who want it done all for them will never succeed at diets, because they cannot be arsed to work at it.

Go to weight watchers, learn to eat healthy, loose the lbs very slowly, feel dishearten about it and comfort eat away.
Go to the gym, work your bollocks off, see poor results then comfort eat.

This diet makes you get to were you want to be, you feel good about yourself, you want to eat right, you want to exercise to stay were you are.
Comfort eating about your size/weight doesn't factor into it.

If you want to mold something, then you need motivation, if you are already where you want to be, you have motivation to stay there. Its easier to maintain a weight than reduce it.

btw, stats are not facts.

I've had a closer look at it mate, it's basically a low carb Atkins style diet but with ready made food replacements rather than letting you create your own meals, Low carbing definately works, I did it 2 years ago and lost about 8lb a week, it was amazing :)

I came off it as i couldn't stand all the meat, I craved bread etc something awful :)

I came off it as i couldn't stand all the meat, I craved bread etc something awful :)

This is no meat, no food, just the shakes. Takes 2 mins to make, but make it with a hand mixer from Tescos. (<10)

Bread is evil, its like slices of sugar.
I have a big time craving for oat porridge made with water and no sugar. I love the stuff. Oddly enough I never liked it before.

with all diets u must do exercise to develop go muscle tone its all good loosing lots of weight but u also loose muscle tissue too and u need to exercise to maintain ur muscle tone otherwise u will just end up flabby loose skin and sometimes that looks worst than fat

with all diets u must do exercise to develop go muscle tone its all good loosing lots of weight but u also loose muscle tissue too and u need to exercise to maintain ur muscle tone otherwise u will just end up flabby loose skin and sometimes that looks worst than fat

Oh for sure, I lost a lot of muscle in the process, but I didn't have the energy to exercise.

When I started eating again, I then had the energy and started my exercise up again. Just remember when you're watching the scales, muscle is heavier than fat.

The main reason I did it, was to reduce my weight so I could jump out of a plane.

contrary to popular belief it is impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, hence why that "extreme" body building plan is used

it is possible for a beginner to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time but after this it is not, muscle growth requires the intake of calores ABOVE maintenance and fat loss requires the intake of calories BELOW maintenance

It is possible to lose just fat whilst maintaining muscle, however this is very hard and takes a LOT of hard work and planning

It is possible to lose just fat whilst maintaining muscle, however this is very hard and takes a LOT of hard work and planning
yep i know i use to do bodybuilding and recently fell off the wagon for joys of food and now everyday is a struggle to get 1 hr in the gym

yep i know i use to do bodybuilding and recently fell off the wagon for joys of food and now everyday is a struggle to get 1 hr in the gym

yeah i know what u mean, once you fall out of a routine its very hard to get back into it. the hardest thing for me though is preperation and that is the key to a good diet, its hard to constantly make stuff for yourself in advance and eat it at the right times.

If only it were easier eh?

Well after packing up the fags almost 4yrs ago , I put 3 and a half stone on :(

Done a salad diet for 12 months and lost a stone , as soon as I ate normal , put it all back on :(

feck it im fat lol

Actually underweight for my height.
Just on 10 stone, at 6foot 4.

When I went for a job with a certain company, i only just scraped the medical because of it lol.

I can eat all the junk i like aswell lol wish i was heavier thou, hate being a rake :)

i was massivly over wieght at one time 19 stone ive lost 3 stone still want to lose another 1-2 stone just took up wieght lifting, been doing intensive football training to lose the 3 stone

im 6ft and i was 19 stone i did lose 4 stone in total went to 15 but that was because i was on a strict soup and salad only and i couldnt handle it any more i love food

it all really started just over a year ago when i gave up smoking mental as sometimes i wonder should i smoke and stay slim or get fat and have a heart attack or smoke and get lung cancer i really dont know

Im a lucky one never been overweight I hit 30 and piled on a few pounds but the sixpacks still peekin through. Funny though dont excercise excessively I eat like a horse and I drink way to much (probably noticeable through some of my posts). Got a 90 mile canoeing trip coming up wednesday after bank holiday me and some family do it every year maybe that's something to do with it. 32 5ft9 and 12 stone

im over whieght it dont really bother me tbh i like me beer and i like me kebabs lol. but im lucky to be tall so i carry it well ish.

i used to be big at school i lost it all from the age of 16 the age i discovered class a's and that life lead to me loosing alot of whieght going right down to 11 stone.

then i met the wife at 19 she soon sorted me out :) then i had children which keep me on the straight and narrow.

and the family life has helped me put whieght back on lol.

wow, mate that sounds seriously underweight, shouldn't you be abround 15 - 15 stones?

BMI is 17 which is underweight, no matter what I eat thou, i just can't pile it on.
When i was heavily drinking most nights of the week I struggled to get over 12 stone!

Would love to be like 14 stone

46, 5 ft 7 and about 12 stone so probably a bit heavy - most of my fat is on my chin, I have got more chins than a chinese telephone directory!

i am 10 stone used to be 9 stone but i never ever put any thing on if u just watch what u eat then you be just fine when i was 17 i used to be 8 stone but loseing to much is no good for you i have been there trust me

Back