Are the whispermax fans any good for a Jtag? Other cooling options to prevent RROD

ms2005

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a jtag, worked fine for about a year then RROD, had it reflowed - died again after one use. It's currently having another reflow but i know a lot of people are saying it won't last long

Will the whisper max fans help? Anybody tried? Allegedly take 54% more hot air out than the standard fan?

Whispermax

Failing that, what are the options? I've seen 12V fans placed on the cpu/gpu but it sits in my living room so ideally want to keep it in the case - missus would not be happy with an open metal shell sitting there. I've seen serious mods like extra fans in the roof of the case but i'm just not that skilled withojut making it look shite

Re: Are the whispermax fans any good for a Jtag? Other cooling options to prevent RRO

Is it having a proper reflow done to it , if so it might need a reball.

Re: Are the whispermax fans any good for a Jtag? Other cooling options to prevent RRO

hmm, to be honest I don't know. I shall enquire

I don't personally think they are. I bought mine off of fleabay and I had a Jtag which showed the console temps. The temps were no different at full blast than they were with the normal stock fans.
I suppose it's personal preference really.
JohnO

That is exactly what I am trying to cool, did you get your jtag to cool without any serious mods? I don't want it out of the shell and I'm not skilled enough to start hacking up th box for extra fan vents

Unfortunately not. It RROD on me within a couple of days of putting the fans in lol

Hmm, might have to go back to more traditional mod and just run DVDs.

Back