Anyway around Virgin newsgroup capping ?

Virgin really are crap. I downloaded a 650 mb file today and then started downloading a 1 gig file and speed went to 250.
Thats not 4 gig in my book so why am i getting capped ?
I don't download much in a month.

Virgin really are crap. I downloaded a 650 mb file today and then started downloading a 1 gig file and speed went to 250.
Thats not 4 gig in my book so why am i getting capped ?
I don't download much in a month.

what tier have you got and what times were teh downloads ?

I'm on a 10 meg and i downloaded at about 3-30 today.
So what are we saying here ? that you cant download one and a half gig a day !!.
Thats crap

I'm on a 10 meg and i downloaded at about 3-30 today.
So what are we saying here ? that you cant download one and a half gig a day !!.
Thats crap

Assuming you are on the L package, that is 1.5GB cap between 4 and 9pm and don't forget the QoS between 5 and midnight.

Unless what you need it really vital, queue it up overnight and you can download 30gb between midnight and 9am.

i'm on 10mb, i got a HD episode of walking dead and clone wars before it was throttled - which was about right for early evening downloading (about 1.8GB total)

i'm on 10mb, i got a HD episode of walking dead and clone wars before it was throttled - which was about right for early evening downloading (about 1.8GB total)

If you can queue them overnight, that would be best option I think. as I mentioned on 10mb service you should be able to manage 3.6gb an hour.

Evening cap ends at 9pm though QoS applies till midnight. If you get capped then it applies for 5 hours, so you can still be capped even after 9pm. QoS is dynamic, within a few moments of my clock going past midnight, my speed goes from 1.75mb.

i think the point here is to change your port;as soon as your speed is checked change your port number,but dont forget to put it back to original for through the day

Back