Don't buy dreambox wireless bridges

Hey guys,
i have got about 4 of these,
they are fooking badass.

Hoping someone can help me figure something out.

my dreambox is hooked up to a ddwrt router and that is wirelessly connected to my main router.

firewall is disabled on the ddwrt flashed router but i cant access the dreambox at all.

when i do a wired connection from my pc to the dd-wrt flashed router, i can access the dreambox fine.
just not wirelessly.

i didn't bin mine,i have ddwrt on it tho and makes it a quality router imho,if these are cheap i might buy another as i have my 360,dreambox and tv that need the net,i did try this on an old netgear router,but didn't work

@ Crazyfool, can you log in to the DD-WRT router from the PC connected to the main router?

no i cant even log into the ddwrt router web interface while connected to main router.

to access it i need to wire my laptop to the ddwrt router.

Do both the routers have the same ip address 192.168.1.1? This may be the cause.

Have another read of the instructions that are linked in post 1. probably one of the options has been overlooked. You should be able to connect to either of the routers without messing with wires.

the main router is 192.168.1.1
ddwrt is 192.168.2.1

its gotta be in that format to make it work in client mode.

i have got two sets of these routers set up like this.
did my brothers too and same problem.

I set it up about a year ago accorrding to the ddwrt client mode wiki but never bothered to get it fixed.

ddwrt is 192.168.2.1

I set it up about a year ago accorrding to the ddwrt client mode wiki but never bothered to get it fixed.

There is a bit somewhere in the wireless section Wired and Wireless Networking it told me to turn off the dhcp server in one routor and tell it to get the ip address's from just 1 router so the 2nd isn't a router but a hub with wireless.

I had it setup here like that for yonks and it worked fine but last year I wired the whole house and put 5 port switches in each bedroom and one for the tv, bluray and sat box.

ddwrt is 192.168.2.1

Is that set up right ? the guide says main router 192.168.1.1 and second
router 192.168.1.2,
thats how I've got it and it works fine

Is that set up right ? the guide says main router 192.168.1.1 and second
router 192.168.1.2,
thats how I've got it and it works fine

Yes your IP range is wrong, also try disabling all security on both your main router and DD-WRT router, if it works fine then you know it's a security issue and you can kick on from there - at least that was my experience.

Yes your IP range is wrong, also try disabling all security on both your main router and DD-WRT router, if it works fine then you know it's a security issue and you can kick on from there - at least that was my experience.

who's IP range is wrong mate?
I'm just following the dd-wrt wiki.

additionally i dont mind switching off the firewall on the second router but would rather have it on in my primary router.

is there anyway i can give access to my ddwrt router?

you said your ip address was

and

the second one is wrong, should be 192.168.1.2

and I'm not talking about firewall, I'm talking about wireless encryption such as WPA2 between the two routers, It was my encryption not matching exactly on both routers which caused me the issues to start with.

I get a solid connection to the dreambox via second ddwrt router

even if i hook my laptop up on a wired connection to that same router.

its just when i wireless coonnect to the primary router and try to access the secondary router.
it doesnt work.

Taken from ddwrt wiki Client Mode - DD-WRT Wiki
The Router/AP that you are trying to connect to is the primary router. The Router you are configuring is the client router. You don't need to worry about the primary router as long as you set your client LAN IP address to a different subnet. What this means is, if the primary router has an IP of 192.168.A.x, you need to set the client router to an IP of 192.168.B.x. Most primary routers will be at 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.0.1. So, when you are configuring your client router, set it to 192.168.2.x.

Another thing when your setting this up ,router one isn't touched , all the settings are done on router 2 only,
after you put in 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.1 and save,

You will then have to use the ip address of 192.168.1.2 to finalize setting up the router,
That was the only stumbling block I had as it didnt mention it in the guide,
I got it working without having to disable any security

Back