Anyone tried this?

It doesnt work so well under Vista, its slow(er) than uTorrent, it wont work at all if you have Kaspersky installed, you can only have four downloads at once...

i use xp pro with no intention of going to vista anytime soon

i dont use kaspersky and i dont really download anymore than 4 torrents at any one time

its mainley for the ones that are gonna take weeks like the ones i'm downloading just now are gonna take aaaaaaaaaggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!

instead of leaving my computer on and like setting ones up at night then going to sleep and they are done in the morning?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Ah I see what your thinking. Well, in that case its worth a go - afterall its not like its expensive.

Why on Earth would any SANE person use this device!! It Beats me..
You can NOT see what you are downloading, You not got a Clue to what you be Downloading>>.Trojan after Trojan after Trojan....
Far Far Easier to conect via internet, use uTorrent n Dissable DHT n you can see what ya got n if its downloading or not n Bobs Ya Uncle..

Bit pricey me thinks.Have you ever looked at a nmt(networked media tank) lots of diffrent types of them most well known popcorn hour they are a great bit of kit expensive but great.Play just about any format of video from iso to wmvhd mkv etc but also got user generated apps such as bit torrent downloader so no need for pc being on also got usenet downloader for newsgroups so pc does not need to be on and a rapidshare one.You can set up movie jukeboxs so you can view films by coverart and info from imdb, and music jukeboxs so you can play music by browsing by album art etc

heres an example of moviejukebox on one

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=94ESwOsEBWk&feature=related]YouTube - PopcornHour-A110[/ame]

You can NOT see what you are downloading, You not got a Clue to what you be Downloading>>.Trojan after Trojan after Trojan....
Far Far Easier to conect via internet, use uTorrent n Dissable DHT n you can see what ya got n if its downloading or not n Bobs Ya Uncle..

yeah but all you do is scan the external HDD drive when you attach it to the pc?

personally i never use torrents as usenet is million times better!

how many watt is it?

Um, yeah you can actually. There is a rather nice interface you use over IE to view and manage your torrents.

@GAV, I just took another peek at this to see if it was just me getting a bad first impression or not. I have the bit torrent engine up and running now bar one thing - it needs to be in the DMZ on a router and my router doesnt have a DMZ.

I cant even find the port numbers used by the BT client in it either, so I cant open the port for it.

Bear this in mind if you go for one.

I finally got BT running on this, and can conclude that it is crap for it. Same torrent downloaded at the same time by this and uTorrent and uTorrent is faster.

i have DMZ as an option on my router

i just want something i can leave running that doesnt make hardly any noise cause my pc is kinda loud :) the 3 fans (psu, cpu and front intake) add up

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I think I hammered it too much

Copying 10Gb of files on to the attached disk from three different computers. Straw that broke the camels back - me trying to run a file from it...

Nope, this thing is screwed. Never seen such a pile of shite in my entire life.

I found the error log, its in Chinese.

Gav, I have no idea if you went for one of these or not. I managed to get mine up and running after some considerable work. As an AV server, its fine. However the bit torrent feature is complete pish. I dont think you are with BT, but if you are it will not work.

But, I found something that is a lot better than this one for just a little more money: dabs.com - IcyBox Icy Box IB-NAS4220-B Ethernet NAS Enclosure (IB-NAS4220-B)

It does everything the one from Maplin does and more. Will order one next week and report back :)

i never went for one mate due to your sound advice :)

i just read the reviews for that one on dabs and its very mixed, i think you would be better reading them for yourself mate before you spend that kinda money

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Ah, I ordered one anyway :)

There is a whole bunch of stuff you can do with it on the support site, plus it appears to be a lot more exposed that the Emprex one.

please report back mate :) it looks the part

TIA

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Gav, get down tae ma bit asap,get newsgroup sorted for yea, u wont be disappointed...ghe me a phone on fri when i off

Ah, I ordered one anyway :)

There is a whole bunch of stuff you can do with it on the support site, plus it appears to be a lot more exposed that the Emprex one.

has it arrived yet mate?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back