Anyone orderd a chip yet?

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title states... I am debating where to order mine from but I am gonna go for the cyclowiz rather than the wiinja...

The Wiinja looks just like a 80pence 12c50X chip.
and for 35Euro is a bloody rip off

i agree it looks like a pic chip

as long as itll play backups ill have one, but not at that price

can these pics be read on an elvis.
If so could we not clone our own?

im all for getting a few of us together and 'chipping' in (lol, taxi) to see if thats possible, i wouldnt know how to do this though, but if we got 6 of us together itd only be £3 each

You cant read these with an Elvis, if you had the code you could programme them with one. To reverse engineer one of these would be very difficult, but I have read on another forum that the source code will probably be freely available on the internet. But for the sake of £25 (less than a game) I am willing to buy a chip

what happens if the chip cannot be cloned ,who will keep the original ??

I'd sooner wait until my 12 months guarantee is up before messing about with my wii's insides! Plus there will be loads to choose from by then.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the chip was cloning it.

There are at least two ways which might work:

Have the chip uncapped and erase the code protect fuse.

If it outputs the same data every time it should be possible to use a logic analyser to record it and get the timing diagram. Craft some sourcecode to do the same thing...

carnt it just b red with a labprog+ save data then write it back to a blank chip...just a thought ...?????

I have a Labprog+ but I imagine that it still won't read code-protected PICs!

The way to do it is a black-box analysis with state analyser.

wiinja is fairly useless as it only works on some wii's

the cyclowiz is the best bet atm + its upgradable via dvd

I too have read on a forum that people are saying the Wiinja is useless. This stems from a spanish site where people have mis-interpreted the messages. There isnt anything wrong with the chip the problem was the person hadn't soldered the chip properly.

should get my wiinja on thurs i think, so let u all now how i get on,

where did you order it from mate? and how much was it to get it shipped to this country? Cheers

there is a uk stockist of this chip

cheapmod

they stock it

Ahh yeah he stocks the Wiinja, I am gonna go for the cyclowiz or the wiikey

cyclowiz are available from the 12th look easy to fit also i have seen them on a site today.

Looking at the prices and availability it would probably be cheaper to buy them from America as they are around £30 in this country.

Back