Anyone notice 10 meg speed has crapped out???

name750

Inactive User
Reaction score
Had some funny going ons with my sb5100e(cloned high mac) and sb4200e(fiberware high config).
Got kicked off all last night.
And a seed test result is at best 2mb and falls during the test.
Previous test have never been less than 9,9mbs.
essex area???????

ive never got the full 10mb speed m8 my area's crap

been averaging 4-5 mb

and that seems unstable to if i do a speedtest say 4am it should level out by then but it sometimes drop to 2meg Weird i dunno.

usualy in my area it goes from 9.98mb after 7pm...during 12pm - 7pm it's 5mb or 6mb....hell of a lot of people going online at these peak times.

Last edited:
Wilster said:
usualy in my area it goes from 9.98mb after 7pm...during 12pm - 7pm it's 5mb or 6mb....hell of a lot of people going online at these peak times.

same here pretty mucxh.

Neve rget less than 4mb, whcih is ok by me for peak hours, , and 75% of the day i get full speed, so im happy.

Contention is just one of those things we have to live with.

the 10meg connection is great for downloading, but on limewire, bearshare ect for movies it's crap as people on there are sharing with loads of others and some of them don't do ultra-peers for slower connections..gonna look for a site to download directly. :)

guys had mine running for a few weeks and i agree mine does average between 2-4 meg but after 12 i get alot better speed. is it really worth getting a 10 meg although i dont think they have updated my area for that kinda increase yet as i dont know anyone with a legit 10 meg.

Back