anyone kow about leg injurys ?

That looks like a nasty one. I have had plenty of broken bones that havent looked that harsh. I would get it x-rayed just to be on the safe side.

ouch!!!!!!

did you really do that in a freak exhaust accident or were you going for the longest jump with a pogo stick over a kangaroo on record breakers(sure i seen u on the telly)???
I would agree get it x-ray to make sure ...or like most blokes (we are just thick) the old ill be alright just take two asprins and ill be playing footy in no time approach.

As said mate,

The numbness will be from the swelling putting pressure onto the nerves. Keep it elevated to lessen the swelling, take anti-inflammatory's and get a bloooody XRAY done. NO ONE can say "its ok" without an X Ray.. I dont care how good they think they are.

Im a Army Trained Medic and now training to be a NHS A+E nurse (long story).

Ive seen alot of breaks etc but that brusing is not too different from that of a break, which looks purple, blotchy and red.

Get it checked mate, you can sometimes walk on a break believe it or not. You might of even chipped or fragmented either the tibia or fibula

tibia_fibula.jpg

So get it checked !

lol

Last edited:
That looks nasty Paul .My dog wouldn't even eat that meat !! Its worth getting an x ray done mate just in case you need to claim off your boss lol

m8 that looks sore.
I'm sure it looks worse than it is but I'd get that up the A&E just to be sure.

but thank feck the jack didn't fall on your cock...
It was was bad enough lookin at yer leg :grayno:

@ Manse......PMSL!!!

I was going to Google something similar, u beat me to it :)

:Clap:

year and a half later and lm still in pain with this .. swells up every day and have a lump that its as hard as a rock and sore to touch ? amazed its been this long ,

The swelling sounds like a circulation problem, and the lump could be scar tissue in the muscle. It could also be blood that collected in the muscle at the time of the injury and didn't drain away http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematoma

Have you ever gone for treatment for it, or mentioned it to a doctor? It might be time to show it to your gp and see what he thinks.

Last edited:
year and a half later and lm still in pain with this .. swells up every day and have a lump that its as hard as a rock and sore to touch ? amazed its been this long ,

Have you had a x ray done on it ? Lump could be from the bone, you get a lump when bone heals.

Should not be swelling though, I can not say this firm enough... but if you have not done, go and get it checked out.... !

Go to your GP and ask him to refer you for investigations mate.

We have patients that have hips and knee joints replaced and they are walking within 4 days and back to normal within about 2 months.

l had it x rayed 3 or 4 days after and they said if wasnt broken ?

l had it x rayed 3 or 4 days after and they said if wasnt broken ?

Sounds like what is posted above then mate, soft tissue damage causing circulation problems.. causing oedema.

Does it get warm where the lump is ? or painful ? either way, you need to get it sorted mate as any damage in that area could cause a DVT.

can it be this:

How Does a Calcium Deposit Form?
# Calcium deposits usually form when a bone is damaged or placed under extreme stress. The body sends calcium minerals to the area in an effort to repair and shore up damaged or stressed bone areas. These minerals are carried through the blood stream. The blood stream deposits these calcium minerals on the broken or stressed bone area. If the body's signals aren't functioning perfectly, the body may continue to send extra calcium minerals to the bone even when it is not needed. If not stopped, these extra minerals begin to build up and form a soft layer of calcium. If not removed, this calcium layer can become hard and may begin to pinch on nerves and tendons, causing pain.

????

I would go down the GP mate, no point in speculating about it.

They will most likely x-ray it again, if that shows nothing they will probably do an MRI scan on it to find out what it is.

We pay enough in national insurance, go and get your moneys worth, lol :D

shit l could do without all that .. lm self employed lol .. we havnt got time to wash our hands

can it be this:

How Does a Calcium Deposit Form?
# Calcium deposits usually form when a bone is damaged or placed under extreme stress. The body sends calcium minerals to the area in an effort to repair and shore up damaged or stressed bone areas. These minerals are carried through the blood stream. The blood stream deposits these calcium minerals on the broken or stressed bone area. If the body's signals aren't functioning perfectly, the body may continue to send extra calcium minerals to the bone even when it is not needed. If not stopped, these extra minerals begin to build up and form a soft layer of calcium. If not removed, this calcium layer can become hard and may begin to pinch on nerves and tendons, causing pain.

????

Indeed mate :) Although dont explain the swelling too much, could cause slight inflammation

so this should of stopped by now ? its seems to be the same as it was last year .. yes l know l shouldnt of waited this long lol..

Good god smirn, I have been off work for 14 weeks because of fractured ankle which looks very like mine ! I hope you aint been walking on it mate because its the no pressure on the break/fracture that does the healing.
I came off me bike thats how i fooked mine up.

Good god smirn, I have been off work for 14 weeks because of fractured ankle which looks very like mine ! I hope you aint been walking on it mate because its the no pressure on the break/fracture that does the healing.
I came off me bike thats how i fooked mine up.

check the first post date m8 .. thats was 2008 lol .. l have had to walk since then

Back