anyone kow about leg injurys ?

smirnoff_rules

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know about leg injurys ?

was working on my own last friday as the lads where out and used a 6ft axle stand to hold up the front part of an exhaust why l fixed up the rear , anywho the fooking fell over and as l was about six foot away it got me on the bottom of the leg ..

.. been a few days now and l can walk on it so l know its ok .. but was wondering why its numb in the middle where the contact was and why my ankle is going red aswell ?

didnt got to hospital but wife made me go to one of these nhs drop in centers .. just said as l thought its ok because thats a big bone to break

Last edited:
Impressive, can i use it as my next avatar? :)

What a show off ;)

....mind you if it were mine I'd be showing it off aswell :)

I can see this thread turning into the 'scar' scene from JAWS. :)

Ouch Smirf that looks sore. The redness is common m8, its just torn blood vessels due to the impact, when it goes yellow and blue you will know its healing but I reckon that will be a few weeks yet m8. My son got hurt playing football and had a bruise almost identical to that, it took 2-3 weeks to heal, keep using ice packs m8 to keep the swelling down, thats what the hospital reccomended him to do.

@witchy...you eeeejit for both your posts.

The broken heart scene from Jaws was legendary.

Ouch Smirf that looks sore. The redness is common m8, its just torn blood vessels due to the impact, when it goes yellow and blue you will know its healing but I reckon that will be a few weeks yet m8. My son got hurt playing football and had a bruise almost identical to that, it took 2-3 weeks to heal, keep using ice packs m8 to keep the swelling down, thats what the hospital reccomended him to do.

@witchy...you eeeejit.

thanx for a sensible answer m8

@witchy u r a eeeejiit lol

fook me smirnoff that looks nasty m8 you might of damaged a nerve or something which will cause numbness

soft tissue inflamation around the nerves causing numbness and pain

loads of anti inflammatories and ice, when it all settles down and you still have numbness then go back to your doctor

your leg is truamatised d00d, man i am suprised it didnt drop off lol

smirn m8 thats a nasty bash 4 weeks with your leg upright and plenty ice will see you ok get the xbox360 out and enjoy the rest a few cans of stella and get the misses running around after you.

Id take advantage of it m8 like man flu lmao could be a blessing in disguise enjoy the peace m8 lmao

witch hazel is brill for bruises like that m8, brings out the bruise n swelling quicker

Thats a 3 weeker mate - not a day more. It will be bearable in about 1 week and you will be fine

softie:Clap:

You're nuts. I'd have gone for an x-ray lond ago, but I'm not very tough.

Could take a long time to get the feeling back and numbness to go away, it's been over 5 years since I had my bike accident, I've still got parts of my foot numb now :( it was smashed to pieces though (anyone remember the pics .. lol)

Go and have an x-ray/scan m8 as you may have done some hidden damage

Could take a long time to get the feeling back and numbness to go away, it's been over 5 years since I had my bike accident, I've still got parts of my foot numb now :( it was smashed to pieces though (anyone remember the pics .. lol)

No, but please re-post them ;)

Pleas note: medical advice states

Get the ice on quickly.
Icing is most effective in the immediate period following an injury. The effect of icing diminishes significantly after about 48 hours.

I tore my hamstring 9 weeks ago, and have just been told that i can now start stretching it again, another six weeks and i can exercise again, it's a bugger just sitting around drinking beer! LOL

Last edited:
I've shown the picture to my wife (she's a Podiatrist).

X-ray X-ray X-ray.

No need to worry, the neuropathy (numbness) could be temporary and directly related to oedema (swelling), and the trauma of the incident.
However you have no idea whether you have broken/fractured/splintered the bones, and the complications that could have on your nerves in the localised area. Just make sure you are not going to do more damage.

I'm afraid It would be a case of sit in A&E forever (I would go during the day when the radiographer's are in work)

You don't have to have loads of time off work mate. Just be safe (following medical advice) rather than sorry (having to take anti-depressants to cope with possible pain in the future, to walking with a limp).

All in all it may well just be soft tissue damage, and nothing to worry about. But, what harm does getting a good once over do?

GL.

Back