anyone know how to get old analogue channels unscrambled??

hmm, never seen that method b4 mate!
will give it a shot sumtime

Re: Permenant fix?

Hi Benny,

Thanks for the permenant fix info - makes sense about the bullet mod stuff (as other people call it) which I know will work for a time (but may cause the inbuilt timer to activate causing shut down of channels?).

The other mods that link to the white plug is the more interesting bit. According to the schematic, theres a 'our chip' on the diagram. What's that exactly? Is this something new thats added in addition to whats in the box? If so, what kind of chip is it (I take it you program it with the hex dump you also included) ?

Does the 'other mod' cause the inbuilt timers not to fire (i.e. it hasnt been able to detect it's been fiddled with) ?

Sorry for all the questions - thanks again o guru Benny !!!!!!!!

"our chip" is a {12c508a} pic chip m8, "program it with the hex in the rar {maplins might still sell them}

program the box eeprom with a working dump from your area, "do the bullitt mod"--------then wire up the pic chip to the eeprom from the diagram---job done

if the box is powered on 24 hours a day {more than likely you will get the orange screen after a few days, "with the loss of all the channels"------------power off the box then power it up again to reset the eeprom

Excellent!

Benny,

Your the MAN!

Just my luck that they'll turn off the analogue feed next week now!

Thanks for everything!

Alwyn

is writing the 8pin chip the same as reading it? mite as well play about with it now.

@ nawab,

which programmer are you using for the 93c66 , im looking for a basic pre built progger, or diags on how to make my own, cheers.

i got one from maxking.com , but i went to the shop and got it. about 20 quid

Back