Anyone know about fibre and bt exchanges?

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
Guys anyone know what this means as its the reply I got to an email i sent regarding if our exchange will be getting fibre

" We understand from Openreach that 23 exchange only lines connected to your local BT exchange are going to be provisioned for Fibre to the Premise"

So does that mean only 23 households that are connected to the exchange will be able to get Fibre to the premise or is it roughly 50/1 ratio 50 households per line?

Different:

FTTP : Fibre to the Premises ( Actual Fibre Optic Cable installed at the Premises allowing over Gigabit connection costs £1000's )

FTTC : Fibre to the Cabinet ( What us lowly households have now your copper BT cable going to a new Fibre Modem cabinet normally located at the side of a previously installed BT Cab then Fibre going back to the exchange )

Different:

FTTP : Fibre to the Premises ( Actual Fibre Optic Cable installed at the Premises allowing over Gigabit connection costs £1000's )

FTTC : Fibre to the Cabinet ( What us lowly households have now your copper BT cable going to a new Fibre Modem cabinet normally located at the side of a previously installed BT Cab then Fibre going back to the exchange )

Not 100% accurate FTTP from BT can be installed at no cost to the house we have 2 lines at our business which are FTTP and I could have also got it to my house. FTTP is currently only available up to 330Mbps although as you stated it can go well over this speed BT only offer it up to 330Mbps.

This tool tends to be most accurate as soon as Openreach have updated their records this seems to show the results

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

And I cant recommend PlusNet enough their service is second to none and you don't get any blocked sites if you know what I mean ;)

Still not worth it at a cost of around £1,188 pounds annually not sure what you got charged for installation but when i enquired it ran into a substantially high figure due to manpower etc.. and the CAB is literally around 300 yards away

Back