Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

@bak07 You paid around $301 for your clone v2, where the hell did you get it from?

I paid $255 for mine plus I then got lumbered with an additional $12 customs charges making a total of $267 ish

I paid 270$ +EUEXP +Paypal = 310 $ = 220€

with EUEXP over Belgium I did not have to pay tax to Germany

I payed $506,- for 2 solo2 v2 with paypal plus DHL and around 38euro tax so per unit i payed 210euro.....not bad only bad thing is the shitty remote

If that's the case then I can see why you'd probably want to consider getting an original.

To be fair I always end up getting an original afterwards.

I did so with my clone Duo, messed around with it and then went out and got an original, will probably do the same for the Solo2, mess around with it and then get an original.

Is it safe to use debit card on the site were everyone is getting there clone? I already have but now i'm noticing a lot you have paid by Paypal which i didn't see an option for or escrow.
Tough sh*t for me now if paying by card was a bad move lol

If that's the case then I can see why you'd probably want to consider getting an original.

To be fair I always end up getting an original afterwards.

I did so with my clone Duo, messed around with it and then went out and got an original, will probably do the same for the Solo2, mess around with it and then get an original.

Thats true,in my case i have to buy a new remote control,because these click souns make me crazy,and a new one cost 30,- euro,so i come for a total of 240,-...here in Holland you buy a genuine around 299,-/340,i dont know if its worth the 50,- and especialy if you consider that with the next update my V2 will be antieque and not updateble more..

But time will tell..

I paid by paypal but with a registered credit card I dont give paypal my bank details that way if paypal wont refund the credit card will

what is the difference between the 2013 vu solo 2 and the 2014 version I have just paid for the 2013 version but just noticed a 2014 version and im now thinking I should have got that i can cancel my order in 24 hours so am I best doing that and going for the 2014 (this will be my first clone)

@casuk You will want the 2014 but I am not sure if a lot of the sellers have changed there description to match the new boxes.
I think they are sending out the latest one's anyway. I hope so as my description had 2013 but they did confirm it would be latest box ( v2).

Last edited by a moderator:
The later box allows images with drivers newer than 12/12/2013 to be installed off the bat with no messing around so if you can get that then that would be the best. It's best to email the seller than go off the ad description just so that you have confirmation from them.

I've just contacted the person that a lot of people are using via chat:

Hi again, sorry to bother you but could I confirm that the box is one of the latest 2014 V2 boxes that will take the very latest images such 2.0.9 Blackhole?
Ruby Lin(2014-02-18 08:07:22)
yes
leemoo(2014-2-18 16:7:32)
Great, thank you.
Ruby Lin(2014-02-18 08:07:33)
it ;s now slow 2.0.8
Ruby Lin(2014-02-18 08:07:43)
but you can flash 2.0.9
Ruby Lin(2014-02-18 08:07:47)
your self
Ruby Lin(2014-02-18 08:07:51)
thanks
leemoo(2014-2-18 16:8:1)
that is fine. As long as I can put the latest image on

@dirkjan73

Do you have a rough date as to when people had these v2 boxes from your other sat forum, might give an idea if all boxes being shipped are the updated revision?

EDIT: I've checked back through this thread and it seems to be around the 5th Feb and there's also the comment that it took 10 days to arrive. So would it be fair to say any boxes ordered in the last week of Jan could be the revised version?

Last edited:
@dirkjan73

Do you have a rough date as to when people had these v2 boxes from your other sat forum, might give an idea if all boxes being shipped are the updated revision?

EDIT: I've checked back through this thread and it seems to be around the 5th Feb and there's also the comment that it took 10 days to arrive. So would it be fair to say any boxes ordered in the last week of Jan could be the revised version?

Correct,every clone after 5FEB 2014 is V2......End of december were a couple of V2 and V1s but the V1 guys were trying to get it swapped...the conclussion of that i dont know yet..

Last edited:
I've just contacted the person that a lot of people are using via chat:

Hi again, sorry to bother you but could I confirm that the box is one of the latest 2014 V2 boxes that will take the very latest images such 2.0.9 Blackhole?
Ruby Lin(2014-02-18 08:07:22)
yes
leemoo(2014-2-18 16:7:32)
Great, thank you.
Ruby Lin(2014-02-18 08:07:33)
it ;s now slow 2.0.8
Ruby Lin(2014-02-18 08:07:43)
but you can flash 2.0.9
Ruby Lin(2014-02-18 08:07:47)
your self
Ruby Lin(2014-02-18 08:07:51)
thanks
leemoo(2014-2-18 16:8:1)
that is fine. As long as I can put the latest image on

Dont worry you will get the V2

I had also confirmed before to buy from myseller about the version. he said that its fresh release version but when i received i sad my solo had BH 2.0.6

Hello everyone, this has been such a good thread I took the plunge myself a few days ago and had a Solo2 clone delivered yesterday.

It arrived flashed with BH 2.0.8, I then carried out an online update which took it to 2.0.8.1. I backed it up at this stage and then flashed latest Openvix, 3.0.808 off their file server, as I prefer that to BH and have used it for months on my older Solo clone.

Everything is fine except the following, to do with the recording functions...when i set it to record Young Frankenstein this afternoon I could then only watch free to air channels, not any other premium ones. I believe this is down to the fact that I am using an older version of Oscam, ver 6189 to be precise. Could anyone be so kind as to verify this is indeed my problem with tuning in to two premium channels at the same time and if so could someone post up or pm me details/whereabouts of a suitable later version to cure it?

Thanks, I shall continue to watch with interest ;)

@IAmATeaf

how did you get the crappy remote open
and what did you do to it
and does it work better

Remove the battery cover and batteries, the remote then unclipped, I used a plastic pry tool to get it apart. I don't think it's made any difference to be honest but over time it does become less click but the OK button and directional pad are just as vague as hell.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back