Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

yep was sort of trying to say that..Openvix is on the ball and will be the first no doubt some of the other image teams may not be so quick to implement the changes..

I cant say any thing about other images time frames for release, but we have been working ours for a good while (pre Apollo), there is still a issue with the duo2 and a kernel panic which is preventing a release fie the time being.

I Was hoping you would,nt have said that but AJT has hit the nail on the head with his above post , I was going to buy a duo2 clone today but this has feck thing,s up for the time been ah well this is the fun of the hobby just when you think your in your comfort zone the feckers go and throw a spanner in the work,s. regards dubliner

When the new black hole image is out there will come also a solution for the new drivers from china, i think.

And what do you think they are going to find in the BH image that they cant find in say the VTI image ?, after all both BH and VTI are based directly on the original Vu+ Image or the OI as it's called.

@dubliner: For less more money you can buy a genuine Duo2. The clones are much expensive.

Nothing different. But the "main image" for the chinese is the Black Hole image. When the new Black Hole is out they will react.

No doubt about it, they will find a way around these measures sooner or later, but in the mean time more and more potential customers and even some of the existing ones are being scared away from these clones and are buying genuine receivers instead, which is exactly what Vu+ want.

Yea pheonix it,s true it will scare some people away from clones but not all will buy vu original boxes either , myself after reading AJT posts has woke me up ,Going to start looking at the New Gigablue Quad Plus i,ve been following fat-tony thread for a while over here on the irish forum as he is a beta tester & fixer for the openvix team well he has some input so it,s not all win win for vu+ .regards dubliner

Yea pheonix it,s true it will scare some people away from clones but not all will buy vu original boxes either , myself after reading AJT posts has woke me up ,Going to start looking at the New Gigablue Quad Plus i,ve been following fat-tony thread for a while over here on the irish forum as he is a beta tester & fixer for the openvix team well he has some input so it,s not all win win for vu+ .regards dubliner

I have always said that Vu+ are by far not the be all and end all and there are a lot more genuine receivers on the market to compete with Vu+ without the need to buy a clone.

I see it relaxed. I have VTi 7.0.0 on Solo2 and Duo2 and I can´t see differences to VTI 6.0.8, except that there is more available RAM on Duo2.

VTi 7.0.0 is two days old and there will come a solution.
The change from V1 to V2 or from V2 to V3 was a harder time for the clone scene.

You will if you have a clone..which is what we are talking about.

Concerning the Solo2 drivers we can find out that :

- HW Error message is present only on drivers dated 20131212 and 20131224, prior to this there is no such message (20131106 or before).

- On drivers dated 20140306, 20140310, 20140316, 20140318, 20140403, 20140424, there is no such message (HW Error), so it's very relevant to think that the TimeBomb was implemented from drivers dated 20140306.

- On new drivers dated 20140715, there is no such message (HW Error)

The hack/crack of the HW Error is very simple, everyone of you can try, you need to replace a byte from 40 to 00 as per below.

.text:00030468 beqz $v0, loc_304C0

15 00 40 10 8C 00 BF 8F 00 00 02 3C
to
15 00 00 10

.text:00030468 b loc_304C0

The sub where this is happening is : brcm_fpga_secu_check

You can easily change / patch the dvb-bcm7356.ko file just searching for the string above and replacing the 40 to 00.

The drivers from 12.12 and 24.12 will then work with V1 boxes also.

The Timebomb implemention has to be studied then from the March 06 drivers.

Omni

Last edited:
Mate old drivers is like it says "old news" ... I dont understand one thing,you are from Ferrari ,why doesnt Ferrari give u the BCM files..?

And its a mystery for me why you are posting stuff about a device what has nothing to do with Vu Solo2 Clone

Last edited:
I am not Ferrari, something you cannot understand... but if you want to continue thinking something wrong, it's up to you to then deduct all false logics from it.

The funny point I was told is that you were the first one to go to download the craked driver file for Solo2... so you claim such things and then you are the first to put your finger on the honey... strange no ?

Omni

I have deleted your posts as it's fairly obvious you are trying to advertise and peddle a Ferrari backed box.
You are not being singled out it's the same for everyone..

Last edited:
I am not a hacker and nor programmer...This i do for hobby and to help people....Yes its true ME and others on the forum were the first one who cracked The first "hw error" issue...YoU know that because short after that you were stealing oure methods and claimed it was youres...

But people know thats why this board is growing every day...And i will be honest to you sometimes i visit youre ferrari site and all i can see there is that you are bullying people whom ask youre help...

You put solo2 images on ure. Site,called them ferrari images,and when people get stuck with those images you say to sodd off,because they dont owne a Ferrari solo2 so you cant give them support...Mate there is no ferrari solo2 so thats why people cant buy it...But show a friendly face and help these people in need...

How stupid can you be?You uploading. Image but dont give support when the shit hits the van?

And whats with that Ferrari,when its coming out?according ure site "propably march" witch march?

Mate please take a hike,i am not going to take u serious anymore,till today u have zero input in this topic and i dont think thats going to change...

So long!

Last edited:
Everyone's Frustrations are understood but let's keep all debate healthy and helpfull.
See if we can come up with some sense and a fix maybe...
Drivers are not a problem it's the new kernel.

Enough is enough..Now lets please keep to the topic and keep all debates nice and healthy and that way we all get results.

Can anyone point me to a Helios/Apollo clone safe download not sure which version I have v2/3 probably v2 and one that won't brick it again
cheers

Can anyone point me to a Helios/Apollo clone safe download not sure which version I have v2/3 probably v2 and one that won't brick it again
cheers

use/try any clone safe image by AJT

Original poster was dirkjan73.

Vu new timebomb for the solo2 clone
Ok guys this new VTI 7.0 Has a NEW TIMEBOMB!!!This is a fact!My mate has a DragonWorth V3,and that box accept every genuine image but always stuck on LOADING,he tryed this new VTI 7.0, 5 Seconds Sat Sync,LOADING and BRICKED!!

So DO NOT Flash this on Ure Solo2 Clones!100% Bricking Chance!The V3 Protections has NO USE!!

Original poster was dirkjan73.

Vu new timebomb for the solo2 clone
Ok guys this new VTI 7.0 Has a NEW TIMEBOMB!!!This is a fact!My mate has a DragonWorth V3,and that box accept every genuine image but always stuck on LOADING,he tryed this new VTI 7.0, 5 Seconds Sat Sync,LOADING and BRICKED!!

So DO NOT Flash this on Ure Solo2 Clones!100% Bricking Chance!The V3 Protections has NO USE!!

dont understand why people keep flashing new images/drivers to clone boxes, unless there is a easy recovery why do it, just stick to safe images with clones

Back