Any update on Sly card pairing?

I would have kept that quiet lol. They are like the holly grail.

A share may be an option for at home but its not an option in the pub....Christ I would be shot on the spot if it stopped halfway through a game. Had 15-20 punters walk out today alone as the Spurs game was not in HD........was really hoping after all the reading I have done over the last few days that the Tompson receiver get around would still be running to win a little time until a solution or more info comes out.
I know from a few Germans that there is a team working on a new emu version, what that is going to bring with it i dont know. Was kinda hoping that it would be the solution.

Stick a live stream on one of the other screens and the SD will look awesome?

Why not just get someone in Ireland to host a legit HD subscription for you?

Bring the box out to Germany and Bob's Ihr Onkel

I'm not talking about CS - I'm suggesting using an Irish address and exporting the box

That is the setup i have....problem is that i have lost my HD channels because of the pairing update. Getting a Sky contract is not the problem. A way of getting the HDs back is what i am after.

And to those who had a sneer about the customers leaving the pub because of HD.......next time you are abroad, have a selection of pubs offering a game...think about it...what would you do?? Go in somewhere where the picture is ok or go next door to the Arabs who have HD on a share and have to put a bouncer on the door to stop Sky sales reps busting them. Unfortunately people are like sheep....once one goes they all follow.

From my personal experience,If it's an Irish themed pub abroad then probably over priced as usual.

Thats what pisses me off....I aint an Irish pub. Set up my place for the expats to come into for a quiet drink and s bite to eat with the wife or family away from the big lights and prices. The concept took off, beer prices are as they are in every other bar only i must charge a high price for English/Irish beer as i cant buy it cheap. Mind you I dont sell much of it to the English or Irish, they usually want the local beer which is fine with me.
Football was a way of making a weeknight or weekend special for the family or group of friends. Always had a fair deal on food during a match and an hour before and it was taken on very well by the regulars and visitors alike. Without football i can close during the week as the overhead wouldnt be covered and at the weekends it makes no sense to open if half the crowd piss off after 1-2 drinks because someone has HD.
But thats enough of complaining........back to the topic...how to fook can we get around the pairing.

If I end up having to watch Football in SD then so be it, I'm actually looking forward to calling them up & cancelling now.

Overpriced Clowns

hook tv up to pc watch sports HD channels on skygo

sorted

That is the setup i have....problem is that i have lost my HD channels because of the pairing update. Getting a Sky contract is not the problem. A way of getting the HDs back is what i am after.

And to those who had a sneer about the customers leaving the pub because of HD.......next time you are abroad, have a selection of pubs offering a game...think about it...what would you do?? Go in somewhere where the picture is ok or go next door to the Arabs who have HD on a share and have to put a bouncer on the door to stop Sky sales reps busting them. Unfortunately people are like sheep....once one goes they all follow.

If you have a legit sub then get someone to phone Sly for you or call them yourself through Skype - if it turns out you need a box upgrade they should sort you out.

Why cant you use just use the card in an official set top box ?
Buy a second hand HD receiver off ebay and get it paired to the card.

As for customers walking out because the picture isnt in sd thats crazy.
Almost every pub I visit distributes the picture via rf and the picture is usually shocking.

there up to something with SS1HD tonight... regards mdt

Back