Any road up...

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a bit distracted a year or two ago. Some grandchildren appeared, I'd love to post pictures but the parents prefer not.
Got some more Labs, posted below.125717125718
Stumbled over some chap commenting on country sports. Being a gobshite I obviously had to comment, see your point mate but it's such a difficult read to be honest. Anyway, got roped into proof-reading and, about a hundred articles later...

Anyway, there was a submission to some Parliamentary Commission on grouse shooting, then the Scottish Hunting Review came up and I couldn't resist the opportunity to precis a letter from an American animal psychology expert so it was short enough for publishing. Bit like Village Tales really, but much longer.

In between there was a project rolling out ~400 new computers around Yorkshire care homes, taking the proverbial out of some very sad people and watching the world go by.

Exciting times!

Sound's like You've been busy with some good stuff. Nice to see you back.

It’s funny how life chucks busy at you.

I’m flat out at the moment and on our 3rd move :(, congrats on the grandchildren and dogs!

Welcome back :)

Mick

Welcome back mate, it’s been a while. Sounds like life is good at the moment. 👍

It has been a while. Decided time was more important to me than money so I "retired", didn't quite go as expected. To stop me getting bored I found the family all rallied round to help me find stuff to do. Like do up their houses. Now I'm doing more and not getting paid most of the time.

The eldest lad decided to move back to the area so granddaughter can be near both sets of grandparents. In a complicated move daughter-in-law's parents inherited the farm and moved there to build a house selling theirs to the lad. So that got a new kitchen, bathroom, loads of tiling etc. Lad's getting into farming so we now have some pasture, tractor, baler etc.

Having literally just got back in after a run into town I find I'm working three days next at the lad's office which might turn into a six month project. Still, what can you do? :)

House looks a bit better than this now, thankfully!

Back