Dreambox dm500s playing up!!

gooner71

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Well ive had this 500s for a while now - it came preflashed and I got it all up and running added sats etc and all was fine but I noticed it was going slow - everything really - channel changing - getting into menus and the epg had changed a bit and it wasnt to my liking !!

So i downloaded PLi3 image and installed it and set about setting it all up again. I got it done but it just wasnt quite right - the signal seemed a bit weak on some sats and after a few weeks it seemed to get slow again?? I tweaked the motor using the onboard steps and got the signal far better so decided to rescan 28.2e and get my channel listing upto date. So far so good - found a nice load of channels - then as i went to view one of the channels the box froze so I had to power cycle it. When it came back on it was asking me for language and time zone and it although it still had the sats/channels all listed on the epg it had lost all my preset sat positions??

I selected a channel on 28.2e knowing the signal should boom in if I am on the right sat position and nothing....... went out and checked the dish and it had gone as far west as it possibly could .........only stopped by the wall from what i could see!! Thought i had better set up the positions again but moving the dish using the dreambox doesnt seem to be finding a signal - I have checked the elevation and that looks ok so in theory it should just be a case of swinging the dish through its arc and hitting the right spot but I am thinking now that perhaps the dish has gone out of its arc if it hit the wall a bit hard??

Anyway to sum up - Its been a right pain so I am going to have a proper look in the day light but I am convinced this image is buggy and thats why its doing strange things to begin with? Can anyone recommend an image that is reliable and works well with cccam also?

Im using OpenPli but I dont have a motorised setup, I have fixed dish. CCCAM 2.1.4 is stable no issues.

Back