any other way to get route 66 on a n95

@freeda

I must be thick...i cant figure it out even after ur instructions....ok will tell you what i did:

1 format memory card using your phone (DID THIS)

2 do a hardware reset on your phone( a shit load quicker than reflashing firmware and does same job) this will reset phone like it was when new press star hash 7370 hash then enter code 12345 this will do a hardware reset on your phone.. (DID THIS)

3install route 66 on to you memory card using your certed sis file DONT RUN THE APP YET**** (WITH THIS I DOUBLE CLICKED THE CERTED SIS FILE ON MY PC THAT LAUNCHED INSTALLER OPTION AND ON THE PHONE I CHOSE MEMORY CARD INSTALLED AS PER MESSAGE AT END)

4 install your map on to your memory in .. system apps route66... create a folder called maps and place your prn map file in this folder ie. britan.prn
(THIS BIT UNSURE ABOUT, IS THIS ALSO STORED ON MEMORY CARD AND IF SO i HAVE NO SYSTEM APPS ROUTE FOLDER ETC...INFACT ALL I SEE IS THE SIS FILE ON MEMORY CARD AND SOME OTHER FOLDERS)

5 now run the route 66 software you will be asked to activate select internet activation and enter any 16 digit numerical code ie.... 8888888888888888
and hopfully it should be working hope this helps you guys

(DIDNT GET TO POINT 5 STUCK AT POINT 4)

ah seams like your copying the sis file to your memory card ...

what you need to do is install nokia pc suite to your pc then conect your phone to the pc suite once you have don this double click on your certed sis file and this will install to your phone for you :0

its not allowing me to sign up at symbian? how did you chaps do it?

i just clicked on register m8 and created an account what errors are you getting

@freeda

Ok mate done that got Nokia PC installed double clicked sis file installed route 66 on memory card ..now stuck on point

4 install your map on to your memory in .. system apps route66... create a folder called maps and place your prn map file in this folder ie. britan.prn

does the above map file need to go on memory card also and where is the system apps route66 file cant find this only the sys folder exists on memory card nothing like as described above..

sounds like when you installed the sis file you installed it to the phone memory you need to install to the memory card that will create system/apps

ALL SO MAKE SURE YOUR PC IS SET UP TO SHOW HIDDEN FILES OR THE FOLDER CANT BE SEEN!!!!!!

you can double click the sis folder using nokia suite and it will start to install. just select memory card when it asks you where on phone

if your using an N95 you need to change the usb from PC suite to mass storage to see the app folder and to make the MAP folder on your memory card.

guys thanks for all ur help....going to try this tomorrow with a clear head and update you...but the bit where you mention about setting the N95 to mass storage could be my prob i always chose PC Suite...could be my answer going to start from scratch tmorrow..

Guys thanks very much for being patient with me...its worked...the two things i did wrong were not choosing mass storage and also not selecting show hidden folders on my pc ....much appreciated gave u sum rep points..

Glade you got there in the end let me know if you ever manage to get full post code search and thanks for my first rep points :)

Back