any other way to get route 66 on a n95

freeda

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have tried the previous tuts on installing route 66 on my n95 and it appears that it cant be done that way any more is there another method
cheers gary

i got my n95 yesterday thats why i want to try the internal gps apperently it supports the internal reciever i have de branded thats ment to help the battery life i will let ya know

Hi madnlooney
i have heard route 66 works but you cant get a cert now as the site wont let you
gutted is there any other way ?

i downloaded a dvd for route 66 of usernext but all it seams to do is format the memory
card then says err cant transfer files check write protect

i aint having much luck any help would be appreciated
cheers gary

please see attached screen shot

Last edited:
I have route 66 on my n95 working fine but you need to get a sys file signed

All the details are in this thread

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60082

You will have to register, once you have done this PM Monica 69 and give her you imei number from your phone and she will sort you out with the sys file

Ps although route 66 works with the N95 I feel that TomTom is far supperior with a bluetooth GPS....just me 2 pence worth

Hi madnlooney
i have heard route 66 works but you cant get a cert now as the site wont let you
gutted is there any other way ?

i downloaded a dvd for route 66 of usernext but all it seams to do is format the memory
card then says err cant transfer files check write protect

i aint having much luck any help would be appreciated
cheers gary

please see attached screen shot

I don't think there is any other way of signing it without the certificate.

If you PM me your IMEI number I will sign it for you m8 ;)

:)

Hi mcg1888 thanks for your reply
i have followed all the previous tuts on the dw forum and had a look at the link you posted it apperes every body is hiting the same stop trying to get the cert and getting the same messages as per my screen shot isnt it a bit worring giveing out my imei number
my phone is new and i would be gutted to have it blocked or somthing like that
cheers gary

Hi mcg1888 thanks for your reply
i have followed all the previous tuts on the dw forum and had a look at the link you posted it apperes every body is hiting the same stop trying to get the cert and getting the same messages as per my screen shot isnt it a bit worring giveing out my imei number
my phone is new and i would be gutted to have it blocked or somthing like that
cheers gary

I don't think your phone will get blocked as mine is working fine

Did you see MONKey's reply as he can sort you out with the signed file.

Actually sorry m8 but my account has been blocked from requesting new certificates....... :(

Must be because I have signed too many items for other peeps....

Sorry about that m8.....

freeda can you let me know how you get on with it ... if you get it set up let me know and ill confirm my order for the n95 :)

jUST AN UPDATE GUYS IVE JUST TRIED SYMBIANSIGN AND YOU CAN NOW GET A CERT ITS UP AGAIN I HAVE NOW GOT ROUTE 66 INSTALLED BUT CANT GET IT WORKING I JUST GET A 2 SECOND FLASH AND THATS IT TRIED TO FORMAT CARD AND REFLASH FIRMWARE BUT STILL NO JOY
ANY IDEAS ?
CHEERS GARY

same here mate got it signed but still wont work...error when i try to open the route 66 is ..Resource error ...i reformatted memory card installed firmware on phone again but still the same...have installed map in the memory card is this where it needs to go? anyone know what i am doing wrong..?

same here mate got it signed but still wont work...error when i try to open the route 66 is ..Resource error ...i reformatted memory card installed firmware on phone again but still the same...have installed map in the memory card is this where it needs to go? anyone know what i am doing wrong..?

did you put the maps in the right place before running the app as the readme says? the maps go in the same place as you installed the app

anyone post me a link where to download the software (via pm if thats more acceptable) and maybe a quick how to on installing it

@madnlooney

not sure if i did mate...i installed it and when the process was going through i chose the option to install on my memory card ...then copied the maps file ..which is one file right on the memory card to....couldnt see the route 66 program on card though so not sure if this is right...is routre 66 in a folder and if so which one?

Ok guys hear it is step by step how i got mine to work

1 format memory card using your phone
2 do a hardware reset on your phone( a shit load quicker than reflashing firmware and does same job) this will reset phone like it was when new press star hash 7370 hash then enter code 12345 this will do a hardware reset on your phone..
3install route 66 on to you memory card using your certed sis file DONT RUN THE APP YET****
4 install your map on to your memory in .. system apps route66... create a folder called maps and place your prn map file in this folder ie. britan.prn
5 now run the route 66 software you will be asked to activate select internet activation and enter any 16 digit numerical code ie.... 8888888888888888
and hopfully it should be working hope this helps you guys

i would help regarding post code files if any body has any info as route 66 doesnt seam to have full postal code search

cheers gary

Back