any one been stuck in a lift

Got stuck in the mine shaft once for about 20 minutes , crammed in a cage with 20 other blokes.

I had a fear of lifts till i was about 15.

Think it was being in a lift with just a floor and no walls in egypt as a toddler.

The walls of the lift chimney would move all around you.

after 10 years of using a lift....i got stuck in it tonight.....it came to a massive "clunk" and that was it.....lights out......nothing to press.....panick.....oh yes......20 minutes without a phone signal.....and nothing worked when i pressed it......had 8 cans of Kronenbourg and a mixed salad so i would have been OK for 4 to 6 days.....but fook me....the noise of it coming to a complete stand still freaked me the fook out.....it slowly......made it's way back to the ground floor and i still could not open the door until rescue came......jesus.......what next...!

your not Stephen Fry are you cause check this out lol Stephen Fry posts updates about being trapped in a lift on the internet | The Sun |News

Many years ago on my way to a Christmas office party, slab of beers and four mates, just giggled and drank until the fire brigade let us out.

DD

Lol makes funny reading. Im in the industry(mainly stairlifts) but i am on standby for passenger release at network rail stations near me (if the regular engineer is too far away) we are supposed to get there within 30 minutes. Fortunately (touch wood) i have not been called to a trap in yet.

Im surprised your lift went total dark m8, it should have emergency lighting in the event of a power failure. If you ever get stuck DONT try and free yourself. A lady in Glasgow tried that recently and managed to fall through the void to her death.

A couple of years ago I was going down 3 floors in the lift at work. I think it almost reached the ground level, when all of a sudden it changed its mind lol. It went bumping and jumping in an upwards direction. Then headed downwards again. At some point I must've picked up the emergency phone & pressed the bell button.
But anyway it made a sudden stop again and it seemed to speed up to the top floor, this is when I thought my life was over lmfao. I was expecting it now to just drop to the ground. :Hit:

I was on the floor, and half trying to suspend myself on some handle thing. But then the door opened, and there stood someone wanting to use the lift. He didn't bat an eyelid as he started to step into the lift. I couldnt get out of it quick enough roflmfa.

A couple of years ago I was going down 3 floors in the lift at work. I think it almost reached the ground level, when all of a sudden it changed its mind lol. It went bumping and jumping in an upwards direction. Then headed downwards again. At some point I must've picked up the emergency phone & pressed the bell button.
But anyway it made a sudden stop again and it seemed to speed up to the top floor, this is when I thought my life was over lmfao. I was expecting it now to just drop to the ground. :Hit:

I was on the floor, and half trying to suspend myself on some handle thing. But then the door opened, and there stood someone wanting to use the lift. He didn't bat an eyelid as he started to step into the lift. I couldnt get out of it quick enough roflmfa.
llllllllllllllllolllllllllllllll that just paints a funny picture in my mind!!

I bet there was an engineer on the car top using the car top controls lol

I bet there was an engineer on the car top using the car top controls lol
If there was, they wouldnt show themselves or they'd be out the top floor feckin window.

I was still shaking an hour later man! But it's funny now ;) :) Well it was then as well, but I couldnt see it pmsl

Being a Firefighter I have spent a considerable amount of my career getting people out of lifts. Having been stuck in one with four other firefighters and having to endure the embarrasment of having to call another crew to get us out, I can fully sympathise.

Lol, I like a man who gets his priorities right.

On the other hand, some people just get it so wrong. :grayno:

Or perhaps some people don't find this kind of childish humour funny...

i once got stuck in a lift at uni, and we had a exam in about a hour

so we were in the lift going to the top floor and suddenly stop. now it was about 12 story building and we were stuck at the top, we heard a engineer and he goes you ok, we go yea. he goes ive called the guy from birmingham and he should be here in a couple of hours as theres traffic on the motorway, and we shit it lol, we were out 20 min later, lol he added a bit of humour to it.

Just looking through some of your other posts...Are you trying to fill the gap that Witchy left?

The poor mans Witchy with stupid inane posts!!!

Keep up the good work mate..stock laughing!

But as long as you think you are funny then keep going!!! LOL.

bit uncalled for mate? :confused:

Reactions: gez
bit uncalled for mate? :confused:

i to don't see the point in having a go ,seems like someone is spoiling for a fight.
if you don't like the thread subject or post then don't read on your choice but theres def no need to have ago at anyone for posting .if it's offensive etc ok report it but this thread is amusing so it's ok in my book.
as said i agree with english

I also have had to let people out of lifts at work as I now work in maintenance.
Fortunatly we now have a contract with Otis who handle all that.

A couple of lift stories come to mind.

I once got called to one of our lifts which has 2 glass sides and travels on the outside of the building. It had stopped between floors 1 and 2 about 2 feet from floor 1. In the lift were 6 student lads. I decided to go for the door release keys and simply let them step out onto floor 1. In the meantime a crowd had gathered and one of the poor guys was bursting for a piss. He ended up getting his mates to stand round him as he pissed up the lift door due to the glass sides and the crowd. He must have had the bladder of a shire horse and all his mates ended up with wet shoes lol.

Another time was when the same lift was installed.
The engineer from Otis (a rather large butch woman) came to do some final programming and commisioning of the lift. She had to enable the lift to travel to a newly renovated floor. She and my manager got in the lift to check the work she had done. It went down to the new floor but stopped and wouldn't open the doors. We couldn't get them out, so we stood and took the piss through the windows untill another Otis engineer arrived, who also took the piss out of her lol.

As for me being stuck in a lift, it's happened twice, both times on holiday.
Once on my own with the doors opening between floors and once with the wife, kids and luggage just as we had arrived at the hotel. My eldest daughter is now scared of lifts because of that time!

Curly

Being a Firefighter I have spent a considerable amount of my career getting people out of lifts. Having been stuck in one with four other firefighters and having to endure the embarrasment of having to call another crew to get us out, I can fully sympathise.

I thought you called it 'marooned' not 'stuck' ?

;)

:roflmao: classic

Back