any idea if anyones close to chipping this box

Are you sure they are still looking for beta testers?

There are places on the beta team but we don't just want any old person who fancies having his PS3 hacked. Every PS3 owner would be PM'ing me. We need people who have the appropriate requirements - both hardware AND trustworthy.

I ask for people NOT to PM me as I am busy developing. Contact Huggi as he in charge of testing. Please remember to state what hardware you have access to, what downloaded game you have access to etc.

If you just PM "I want to be on beta team" you will get a negative response or no response at all.

If you only have shite internet and can't download games/have no source of downloads then don't waste our time.

I hope that clears it up.

any other details on this.. ie what ps3 can it be used on (40/60gb) and fw. i take it its best not to update at the min and wait till a release?

It utilises a buffer overflow in 2 games and works on the current latest firmware. I would suggest not updating the firmware incase they find a way to block it.

wow this sounds ace guys its the one console i dont have ahem sorted :)

well done to you all

Just a few questions if I may.

Given that PS3 games are quite large, many people will want to store images on an external drive. How will you overcome the 4gb imposed by this? For many people buying a PS3 now, they will only get a 40gb hdd etc, for people hoping to store images on the hdd, will they need to upgrade? Or are you planning a way of accessing a network share so that people can get hold of images in locations other than the internal hdd?

Just a few questions if I may.

Given that PS3 games are quite large, many people will want to store images on an external drive. How will you overcome the 4gb imposed by this? For many people buying a PS3 now, they will only get a 40gb hdd etc, for people hoping to store images on the hdd, will they need to upgrade? Or are you planning a way of accessing a network share so that people can get hold of images in locations other than the internal hdd?

You can upgrade the HDD to any size you want.

i cant see the point in lying about something major like this just to fill up some ones inbox while on holiday.

why just not put a post asking people to flood his inbox?? quite ridiculous really. All you mods have lost the plot.

to all you hopefulls get over it there is no iso loader period there having a laff at you all.:banana:

i cant see the point in lying about something major like this just to fill up some ones inbox while on holiday.

why just not put a post asking people to flood his inbox?? quite ridiculous really. All you mods have lost the plot.

to all you hopefulls get over it there is no iso loader period there having a laff at you all.:banana:

haha.... fooled me

There seems to have been many reported ISO loaders out on the net. Working of similar principles that lead to the PSP ISO loader.

However, none seem to be working to date.

Janobi - yes you can update the hdd to any size you want, but only to the size available in the 2.5" format.

Ok I can now announce this is ready for a wider spread test.

Since Witchy2k1 released the info on it he can handle the public beta release. Please PM Witchy2k1 for your copy and thanks for all the support in the development of MaxLoader.

is it me or does this feel like a wind up...... again! i got excited this time though being our own dw team lol i wont know what to believe on here again, ps i sincerley apoligise if it isnt lol

Ok I can now announce this is ready for a wider spread test.

Since Witchy2k1 released the info on it he can handle the public beta release. Please PM Witchy2k1 for your copy and thanks for all the support in the development of MaxLoader.

so the jokes gone full circle now lol

There seems to have been many reported ISO loaders out on the net. Working of similar principles that lead to the PSP ISO loader.

However, none seem to be working to date.

Janobi - yes you can update the hdd to any size you want, but only to the size available in the 2.5" format.

yes the first thing that was tryed was the buffer overflow that lead to the hacking of the psp. but this didnt work on the ps3 at all. then there is the problem with the 4gb file limit.

then they were able install debug firmware on retail ps3 but most of the features of the debug firmware wont work just now. this seemed to be the best avenue for finding a hack, but sony plugged that hole in the last update.

Ok

PM's are now enabled.

Click HERE to PM me for the first copies of MaxLoader.

First 50 people to PM me get a copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
PMSL i was fooled at first, but then i got a PM off a very good member telling me of the joke :Cheers: I knew since post 17 lol and ive been playing on it all along. we could have kept it up for a little longer though :thumbdown:

I remember a similar post about the return of the cable room ;)

just like the return of the cable section that never happened :proud:

EDIT: Dutcho, strange minds think alike lol

Back