Any heating engineers / plumbers about

What are your thoughts on ebay item 171223489450? Or should I stick to grundfos?
@JimmyP I'm in Essex.

that will do the job no problem its not a high efficiency jobby but will suffice , i could sell you one mate but i aint in work until monday and it would take about 3 days to send if you want a high efficiency version i think there about 75 + vat , we sell DAB pumps dont have any problems with them

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help guys. I'll try a local supplier tomorrow and see how much they are as we are keen to get it sorted ASAP as been cold all week now.

Will let you know how I get on

Thanks for the help guys. I'll try a local supplier tomorrow and see how much they are as we are keen to get it sorted ASAP as been cold all week now.

Will let you know how I get on

which supplier are you going too mark?

Before parting with too much money, try turning all rads off apart from the furthest away one turn heating on give it a few mins to circulate a little then try firstly bleeding that if you only get water, turn that off then open next rad and do the same.

I had a similar problem and plumber told me to do that and worked a treat all rads then became nice and toasty closed systems can be a pain in the ass.

Then failing that call a decent engineer.

Just to update how im getting on I have now turned off half the rads upstairs and also half the rads downstairs. This has now enabled the remaining rads that are on to all have some sort of heat. So I am working on the theory that the pump is working to a point but is not working strong enough. Does this sound right?

I have a pump coming on Tuesday

Just to update how im getting on I have now turned off half the rads upstairs and also half the rads downstairs. This has now enabled the remaining rads that are on to all have some sort of heat. So I am working on the theory that the pump is working to a point but is not working strong enough. Does this sound right?

I have a pump coming on Tuesday

In my experience pumps either work or they dont m8,sounds more like air trapped somewhere now,but unless the system has a leak or you have had it drained down then I cannot think why it would airlock,is it a sealed system? Is it a Combi or system boiler?

It's a system boiler m8. Dunno what a sealed system us so can't answer that one lol

In my experience pumps either work or they dont m8,sounds more like air trapped somewhere now,but unless the system has a leak or you have had it drained down then I cannot think why it would airlock,is it a sealed system? Is it a Combi or system boiler?

combi with a pump stick too your oil matey lol

Mark @gasman might know better, he's a real RGI man

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify, that's a conventional boiler Mark, you'll have a hot water tank.

Were it sealed-system (or combi) the pump would be in the boiler enclosure and you would have no hot water tank.

Well thanks for all the input guys. Pump arrived last night. Fitted it and now we are back all toasty and warm :)

Appreciate all the advice

Back