any car mechanics about?(part 2) air con this time

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just paid £45 snots to get the air con done on the veccy and that was -89 on the way home on friday....now it's back to norm...so quick fit say "pretty much tuff" you must have a leak and I'm like yeah...

so the machine makes a vacuum 1st and then once that passes the test then it injects the coolant at 15 bar - if your system hasn't been used for ages or has a leak after this...then that's it.... take it to a dealer for some ultra Violet dye to be put in and see where the leak is....

it would have been cheaper buying bags of frozen pees and driving home with them on me lap than paying £45.00 quid for one day of air con via them...

surly they could have another look at it?

just paid £45 snots to get the air con done on the veccy and that was -89 on the way home on friday....now it's back to norm...so quick fit say "pretty much tuff" you must have a leak and I'm like yeah...

so the machine makes a vacuum 1st and then once that passes the test then it injects the coolant at 15 bar - if your system hasn't been used for ages or has a leak after this...then that's it.... take it to a dealer for some ultra Violet dye to be put in and see where the leak is....

it would have been cheaper buying bags of frozen pees and driving home with them on me lap than paying £45.00 quid for one day of air con via them...

Go back mate and kick off with them, demand they get the area manager there or on the phone or head office.... I had a situation years ago with these muppets... they changed brakes and suspension on a nova I had... that did not need changing... I know this as I took old stuff away with me an mates garage checked them... all were fine...

I got a full refund and kept the parts they fitted..... :)

if the system has a leak, their machine did not detect it because they prob did not vac check it ! sure there was another issue of similar thing other day, think was halfords ?

thanks man.....that's what i said to the bloke....if the machine does a vacuum check then if it gives it the go ahead then how come the machine allowed it to be pressuarised... he said that if it had a leak on the vacuum stage then the machine would stop..... so contradicted him self really.....meaning they didn't vac it

I'll phone head office

Last edited:
you should not go near them m8 none if them are time served two week course and there know it all (f**k all) the job they did is not right get your money back tell them it worked fine before they went near it. dont back down.

i stay clear of these big garages, years ago i took my car to one of these big garages and what should have costed £35 for just engine tuning costed around £145, cos the twats rang me a few times to say ure cars needs this, its needs that and without these we can't guarantee ure engine tuning will last long and etc.....some bullshit

if i was u, i'd go back to the same garage and kick off...its their fault for not checking and testing it properly. do reverse psychology on them mate, go in and just talk to the guy ask him ure car needs work doing on it and if u got it done from here will u guarantee the work they carry out and etc...most likely they will say yes we guarantee all our work then pull ure invoice/receipt out and tell the fookers what the fook is this then....its only lasted a day and now ure being awkward to have a look at it.

ask smirnoffrules for some advice m8 dibbers hes pretty handy when it comes to cars

Back