any car mechanics about?

fred6271

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys
took my w-reg 2.0 16v vectra for mot! it failed on back lights and emissions!
lights sorted just needed relpacing,
now for emissions! lol
garage said egr valve 140 quid
so i got one put it on took it back same problem c02 reading 1,400 ish
i've flushed the system
new plugs
new fuel filter
new leads
new oil filter
only other thing i can think of is air flow meter
but dont wanna keep spending if it's not gonna sort it

had a new cat put on 3months ago
cars done 57k miles
anymore info you need?
thx in advance for any help

on the mot the lambda test isnt the lambda sensor it means if the exhaust is blowing . if the lambda is high its blowing and low it isnt.. its nothing to do with the lambda sensor m8 ,

l know it sound like it is but it isnt

oh ok mate sorry i just saw lambda and thought yea thats fine lol
so am i best off trying both air flow and lambda?

mechanics have this problem all the time . we normally change the lambda first as its a cheaper option than a cat .. in your case l would change it m8 . and if that dont work we tell the mot guy to just pass it lol

yep definatly a cattalick converter get a new one shouldnt be very much rather easy to fit aswell if your gonna do it ur self good luck mate

It is hard to say what the problem is with out having the car it could be a few things as said it could be the lambda sensor or it think on 2.0 16v there is a sensor on the under side of the inlet manifold than if gone it will effect fuel mix causing high emissions.

yep definatly a cattalick converter get a new one shouldnt be very much rather easy to fit aswell if your gonna do it ur self good luck mate

It's good manners to read the first post properly.

Last edited:
i have had a few with this problem and they all urned out to be faulty catalic converters i even bought had a new one from vauxhall that turned out to be faulty theres something inside that is very tempermental and big wacks in shippin can caus the cat to fail

hi all
thanks for all the reply's

it turns out the cat i had replaced was faulty only after putting a lambda sensor on,egr valve,full service, took it back to garage they tryed saying there was nothing wrong with it.
so i sat aroound for 3hours untill they p***ed about doing this and that
finaly the n*b comes over and says yes i think it could be a faulty cat!!
t**t

anyway all sorted now thank f**k
cheers guys
:Clap::Clap:

i have had a few with this problem and they all urned out to be faulty catalic converters i even bought had a new one from vauxhall that turned out to be faulty theres something inside that is very tempermental and big wacks in shippin can caus the cat to fail

You were quite right. My apologies.:Sorry:

Back