another xbox question

pil196 said:
ive got another problem on the evolution x i put in an audio cd and go to play game/media from dvd and press a the evolutionx logo comes up for about 5 seconds then just gose back to play games from hard drive
could some one help me out on this please as im stil not sure how to use this softwear

thanxs

U need the XMP (Xbox media player / media centre) or just selct m$dash from the menu (providing u installed the patched m$ dash on install) and run it from there

:D

neorage said:
U need the XMP (Xbox media player / media centre) or just selct m$dash from the menu (providing u installed the patched m$ dash on install) and run it from there

:D
thanx m8 just found one burnd it and it works thanx m8 your a star:)

arrrrrrr ican play it but cant copy it to hard drive
i go in to launch applications and i get auto aded items
and thats it pressing buttons but nothing so how can i copy games and stuff
to my hard drive???

have i fooked up my evolutionx installation

pil196 said:
arrrrrrr ican play it but cant copy it to hard drive
i go in to launch applications and i get auto aded items
and thats it pressing buttons but nothing so how can i copy games and stuff
to my hard drive???

have i fooked up my evolutionx installation

The usual method for a hard-mod is to install dvd2xbox via ftp (or via Auto installers like slayers or A.I.D.) for ripping whatever's in your dvd drive to the hard drive.

What apps are installed at the mo'? On the .nfo that comes with the Softmod Auto Installer it says it has a version of dvd2xbox and also DVD-X with it?

Bard said:
The usual method for a hard-mod is to install dvd2xbox via ftp (or via Auto installers like slayers or A.I.D.) for ripping whatever's in your dvd drive to the hard drive.

What apps are installed at the mo'? On the .nfo that comes with the Softmod Auto Installer it says it has a version of dvd2xbox and also DVD-X with it?
nothing on it at the mo so should i look for slayer and can i install that from the rom drive?

pil196 said:
nothing on it at the mo so should i look for slayer and can i install that from the rom drive?

I definitely know that Auto Installer Deluxe (AID) will run alongside Softmod Installer Deluxe (SID) as they're from the same stable, so I would steer you in that direction assuming that you used SID, but Slayers would be fine also (see below).

I've extracted this from a lengthy post by the author of SID.

Thanks to tEChniiQue said:
Using Softmod Installer Deluxe alongside Auto-Installer Deluxe
Once your Xbox is softmodded, you can proceed to use Auto-Installer Deluxe to customize your Xbox a little more to your own needs. Just a couple of things to remember before you do:

If you Xbox has a stock standard Hard Drive, you can only use Partition E to store programs on.
You might not be able to format your hard drive, so you would have to actually delete all the files from a certain partition if you wanted to clear it.
One of the best features of Softmod Installer Deluxe is that the BIOS included with the installer will search for C:\evoxdash.xbe and E:\evoxdash.xbe, unlike most of the other softmod packages which put their dashboard at C:\Dashboard\default.xbe or E:\Dashboard\default.xbe. The reason I done this was because this is the way that a mochipped Xbox would be set up, and in that sense being more compatible to upgrade to another dashboard, either with Auto-Installer Deluxe or most other Auto-Installer packages available (Slayers, X-Disk etc.)

dvd2xbox is the best to rip games and such with..

i have a patched m$ dash as i softmodded using UDE.. i dunno where u can get a payched version or how to install it myself, but im sure there is a tut on here or xbox-scene.com..

thanx guys im not to fussy about saving games to my hard drive but i think its the only way to get xbmp media player on to my system
thanx againe will try to get hold of slayer

Slayer is avaiilable at the ;)

nice link but im sure its not allowed :( please PM him the link or I have it (RAT)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok thanx i got slayer from ther but now im really goost its a zip file so im asuming its got to go on the memory card just like i did with the softmod
if so how do i accsess my memory card now evolutionx is installed
or have i got this all totally wrong all i want is xbmp on my system

thanx...

sorry to be a paine:(

what do you get when you unzip it?
the usual way is to burn the image to a cdrw and launch from there.

Top-tip: Be wary of auto-installers, don't let it go apeshit and format your drive.

Bard said:
what do you get when you unzip it?
the usual way is to burn the image to a cdrw and launch from there.

Top-tip: Be wary of auto-installers, don't let it go apeshit and format your drive.
it just stays as a zip file i also have a slayer that is about 300mb
but reading the read me says it will format my hard drive
so im a bit weary of that

Please be very wary.
The auto-installers are primarily for hard modded machines, so you need to be selective with what you allow it to do.

A safer method would be to connect your pc to your machine, and you can then install whatever app you like simply by transferring the files direct to your HDD.

Bard said:
Please be very wary.
The auto-installers are primarily for hard modded machines, so you need to be selective with what you allow it to do.

A safer method would be to connect your pc to your machine, and you can then install whatever app you like simply by transferring the files direct to your HDD.

in the case of slayers i found it quite safe to install/update the files as i needed..

DO NOT. do a new install.. i stress that greatly as this wipes the softmodding..

select the updats which i believe is the 3rd idem on the main menu :)

I was just reading the slayers pdf when you posted this lol, and you're right it's option C, as the first 2 will definitely wipe the lot.

thanx guys i think it will be best to conect my box to the pc not sure how you do this but im sure i will find a tut on it as it sounds the safest bet i think

pil196 said:
thanx guys i think it will be best to conect my box to the pc not sure how you do this but im sure i will find a tut on it as it sounds the safest bet i think

either do that

or run slayers and goto option C then i believe its option 7

inst/upg XMPC to hard drive (e:\)

dont pick the one that saves to F:

this will save FTPing

sorry this is not more confirmed as i dont have the pdf to hand.. i never bother reading instructions lol

prob something i should start doing in future

neorage said:
either do that

or run slayers and goto option C then i believe its option 7

inst/upg XMPC to hard drive (e:\)

dont pick the one that saves to F:

this will save FTPing

sorry this is not more confirmed as i dont have the pdf to hand.. i never bother reading instructions lol

prob something i should start doing in future
so if i put the cd in and just look for xmpc and that is a media player i can just install that so the disk will not aout install i will have options to chose from
if that is so thanx m8

but i will try to find the pdf on it first as reading may save me money:)

I have realy realy realy got to thank the guys who have posted to my question
a real big big thanx to you all my box is fully up and running now and WOW thats some smart dash from slayers evox :)

once againe a big verry big thanx to you all :Clap:

Back