Another week passes :-(

I find it wierd that they keep releasing beta images with random things that nobody cares about or needs...like VFD icon updates...are they completely out of touch with what customers want ? Or do they not care ?

It's called stalling mate.

They are obviously struggling and have bought themselves some time, problem is, it didn't buy them any time at all, it just upset a lot of people.

Don't understand what 12 hour shifts have to do with anything (I work 5 12 hour days every week) but I can understand being limited to just a laptop though. I have a very old computer which I put all my downloaded films onto then want to us a hd sat box to watch them on my tv like I do with my dm500s
Ellie, not everybody wants to have any other device running all the time just so they can record from the box. It is an essential function that makes the box independent from the network. I have nearly 10 PCs on the LAN and I still record straight on the box - and I can do whatever whenever I want with PCs including the reboot or upgrade without having to worry if I'm going to interrupt the recording.
Would still like an answer to if it can stream to/from a shared directory on a pc or not ?. I want a hd box but if I can't stream my films from my server then it's not the box for me.
You can connect and mount the shares from your LAN right now, samba is there and it's working. Streaming will work because the network throughput seems quite fast. And yes, you can also access the samba shares on the box from your Win PC, tested!

However, there is no software on the box at the moment to do the playback! No media player worth mentioning.

Again, since the box is more of a straight forward Linux PC than anything else, technically, I don't think it's difficult - my guess is that there are some crucial drivers that are still outstanding and that would be the reason for endless delays.

Back