Angel or anyone help

damage

Inactive User
Reaction score
i changed my cd writer yesterday from a samsung to a btc one fine i thought remove the samsung from my device manager and let windows find the new device and install new driver for it. all was ok windows installed new driver and tested burner fine .. on bootup this morning not so good i get as far as the windows startup screen and windows is still rem c:\>rem-by windows setup
-c:\samsung\mscdex/dsscd000 i can get to safe mode and tryed to remove the mscdex file but that just made things worse in my device manager i have the btc and the normal cd rom only. how do i stop windows looking for the samsung cd/rw drive windows 98se o/s :Jester: :Dunce:

thx angel but how do i get into autoexec.bat i can not find the samsung file in the add/remove porgrams just in a folder in c:

Those 2 are hidden files.
2 ways to edit them.
Go in your menu...file option...show all hidden files...go to your C: or C: Windows and search those files...open with Notepad.

OR

go to start / run : edit autoexec.bat

Cheers Angel !

hi angel i have removed the 2 lines of text re the samsung drive now on boot up i still get the same info regarding the samsung drive plus a lot of other data regarding 0 7 1 1106 0571 0101 ide controller 14 plus a list of all other controllers as above i also got this same resault when i deleted the samung files as well i digging a deeper hole helppppppppppppppppp :confused:

lol the frigging thing won't even reboot now. i think its time for open heart surgery i am useing this old 333 pentium p.c for now until and if i get the other mother to work but its ohhhhhh so slow
its like wating for a kettle to boil i will be back with the results soon :rolleyes:

give me all infos:

what exactly cd-rw typ (btc....?)
what pc ? AMD or Pentium
MHZ !
RAM !

ect....

get the latest driver for your cd-rw.
[DLMURL]http://www.btc.com.tw/btc2002_e/cdrw.html[/DLMURL]

Cheers Angel !

Last edited by a moderator:
hi Angel
what exactly cd-rw typ (btc....?)
what pc ? AMD or Pentium
MHZ !
RAM !

its a btc bce40121m
amd 900mhz t.bird
512meg ram
98se/os
i have got a reboot by removeing the ide cabel from the drive its plug and play so i don't see where the problem is as the samsung was useing a windows driver not a samsung one

yes it will only boot in safe mode with ide cable connected but there is no refrence to samsung in the startup now only one to set blaster but what i have found is if i remove the ide cable on bootup it will boot as normal then refit the ide cable when booted the drive works as normal so not sure what the heck is going on lol

angel if i shut down in dos i get the message c:\>c:\samsung/d:sscd000 device driver not found no valid device driver selected this is with the ide cabel removed does that tell you anything ?

Look again in your autoexec.bat and config.sys

there must still be a line for the old drive....
Tell me the exactly lines.

If that is the case, change it so it reads
c:\samsung/d:sscd000
change to

c:\windows\command\mscdex.exe /d:sscd000

1. Make sure that your CD-RW drives are not working in the MS-DOS
compability mode (maybe there is a DOS Driver installed
in your CONFIG.SYS or AUTOEXEC.BAT).
If so, remove the dos driver or add REM in front of each dos file.

2. If the cause isn't 1 case above, the ASPI Drivers of Windows 98
might be overwritten or corrupted by the installation of other software
or various IDE/SCSI Device Drivers.
In this case you can look for a newer version of ASPI Driver.
The only company offering ASPI drivers for Win9X seems to be Adaptec
so have a look at their homepage for updates.
URL for Adaptec : http://www.adaptec.com
The name of the file : ASPI32.EXE

try this aspi driver i got it fromdownloads.com

ForceASPI 1.7
ForceASPI is a suite of scripts designed to install the latest Adaptec ASPI layer on your Intel x86 (or compatible) 32bit Windows operating system.

ForceASPI ignores the system requirements which are imposed by Adaptec's own installer and allows you to install Adaptec ASPI 4.60 (1021) on your PC regardless of your hardware or software configuration.

The scripts which make up ForceASPI will automatically detect your operating system and install the appropriate files correctly. The following operating systems have been (breifly) tested...

Windows 98 Second Edition
Windows ME
Windows NT 4.0
Windows 2000
Why use ForceASPI?
These are the main reasons I created ForceASPI and why you might want to use it...

No ASPI Layer in Windows 2000
Windows 9x and Windows ME ASPI Layer sucks
Many CD Digital Audio rippers require a working ASPI layer
Many DVD Rippers require a working ASPI layer
Most CD-R wirting application require a working ASPI layer
I have been applying this hack manually on my own systems and decided to automate the process and let everyone benefit
Plenty of other reasons I cant be bothered to list
Installation
Simply extract the .ZIP file to a directory somewhere. Open a Command Prompt and run the appropriate .BAT file(s) as required.

Usage and Instructions
Here is a brief description of what each script does.

instASPI - Installs the latest, 4.60 (1021), Adaptec ASPI layer on Win9x,
WinME, WinNT and Win2K. Any existing ASPI Layers will be
overwritten.

dumpASPI - Creates a backup of your existing ASPI layer, or parts thereof.
Some Win32 operating systems do not have an ASPI layer, in this
situation you will create an empty backup.

restASPI - Restores the ASPI layer backup created with 'dumpASPI'.
WARNING! If your ASPI backp is empty this will completely erase
your currently installed ASPI layer.

killASPI - This will completely remove your currently installed ASPI layer.

killDUMP - The deletes your dumped ASPI layer.

I would recommend that you use ForceASPI in the following way...

Run dumpASPI to backup your current ASPI layer
Run instASPI to install the new ASPI layer
Reboot your PC
Run aspichk to see if everything worked OK

Hope this helps

thx tryed and installed above aspi is now installed and fully operational but it did not solve the problem i don't think its a driver issue as such as i can do a clean reboot with ide cable removed and it will reboot no problem then refit ide cabel to drive when booted and drive will operate ok i can then do as many soft reboots as i kike and it will boot ok and drive will work normally its only when i shut down completly and reboot from cold that i get the problem i get as far as the startup screen verryfieing dma data and the only line of text i have left after removeing all referance to the samsung drive is c:\>set blaster = a220 I2 d3 t4 and this is a far as i can get if i reboot after i get this screen i can then only get into safe mode it seems to me as if i need t command to make into go into windows after it gets to c:\>set blaster = a220 I2 d3 t4 as before i removed it there was the command to remeber the samsung drive then it booted into windows i have been scratching my head so much my hands are full of splinters i have never had so much trouble installing such a simple device any more ideas will be greatfully recived and tryed no matter how remote the chances of them working lol :confused:

the only way i see now....reinstall windows. Save all files on another drive...when you have got a second par***ion.

Format pc completly....so all drivers and problems of the old drive are deleted and you can make a clean installation with new writer.

;)

Cheers Angel !

Damage, take a look in your system.ini and win.ini files in the windows folder, there could be a reference to it there. If so then remove it.
If this fails then run regedit and search for and delete all refences to samsung cd etc. Make a backup reg first.

Back