Hardware Screen does this after monitor powers down or sleeps.

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
So my screen does what's in the picture after it powers down or after it goes into standby/sleep

I have tried removing the graphics driver using the amd clean tool then re-installing the driver instead of updating them. Still the same.
To get it working again i have to either reboot or go into device manager and disable/enable it.

Attachments

little_pob

Jnr admin
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Hmm odd one.

The only similar problem I could find on Google was fixed by a driver reinstall, which you've done. In that case they went from the GFx card manufacturer's driver to AMD's unadulterated driver.

Long shot, but have you swapped out the signal cable?

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Hmm odd one.

The only similar problem I could find on Google was fixed by a driver reinstall, which you've done. In that case they went from the GFx card manufacturer's driver to AMD's unadulterated driver.

Long shot, but have you swapped out the signal cable?
I will swap the cables over. The monitors are the exact same make and model. Will have another go at removing the drivers, might even drop down to a lower version...

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Well, I decided to remove all amd drivers using the clean utility then reinstall bit by bit. Dropped down to the recommended driver and not the latest. Worked ok for a while and now the left rather than the right monitor does the static thing.

TEST