Andromeda V2.0 Image Feedback

Andromeda V2.0 scanning

just uploaded the image Andromeda V2.0 x 2 all ok. i'm having problems scanning. it just goes for hours and does not find any channels - i have done loads of these on other images and ok

i'm in nottingham

Hi looks good on ukgold+, this used to struggle on trinity final but i am having big probs with movies now, locking up tried a few cams and ucodes spts on (on 0014) but no better, any ideas, thanks

hi xenafan
i have flash your images on my dbox 2 today, what can i say, wow the best images and gr8 sound too. it's gr8 but i have problems, well when i try to set my area for scanning (walsall) and then then try to scan the channels by going to service > service scan >
and what i see is that cable provider is on kabel Deutschland
i cannot change it it to bruteforce or anything its stuck on to kabel deutschland

do you think i done something wrong?

can any1 guide me to solve this problems
thanks
from
Bhav

hi xenafan
i have flash your images on my dbox 2 today, what can i say, wow the best images and gr8 sound too. it's gr8 but i have problems, well when i try to set my area for scanning (walsall) and then then try to scan the channels by going to service > service scan >
and what i see is that cable provider is on kabel Deutschland
i cannot change it it to bruteforce or anything its stuck on to kabel deutschland

do you think i done something wrong?

can any1 guide me to solve this problems
thanks
from
Bhav

Try a Re-Flash to start with, and see how that goes... Maybe something went amiss...

Hi there, was wondering if this image is for sat or cable as i'm trying to upload to try it out, how do I upload to the zapit folder, what is the ftp username and pass, i cant seem to get into the box, looks a nice setup though,

thanks very much in advance.
(S2)

Hi there, was wondering if this image is for sat or cable as i'm trying to upload to try it out, how do I upload to the zapit folder, what is the ftp username and pass, i cant seem to get into the box, looks a nice setup though,

thanks very much in advance.
(S2)

Hi,

This is a cable image.

Before flashing a new image, make sure you back up your services and bouquets from your current image so that you can FTP them into your new image. You'll find them in var / tuxbox / config / zapit.

FTP the un-rarred .img file to /tmp folder on dbox. Make sure you download the correct image type ( all nokias are 2x, sagems can be 1x or 2x )

Using remote press dbox > service > software update > > expert functions > write one partition > flash without bootloader > select image > red button. Should take three or four minutes to flash.

all the best

Sorry, forgot to mention username is 'root' and password is 'dbox2'

hi. well i just have reflash it. nothing seems rite, still same as i mention above, and also when i tryed to scan the channels it doesnt pick any channels at all, so i had to put my old bouquet and service file into zapit folder and it works fine, but it wont scan any channels after i put my service and bouquet file .
do u think my box does not like that images?

Last edited:
Have been using this image on a Nokia 2x box for a week now and get constant freezing only sorted by switching off at the mains.
No problem on my previous Pacino image.
Any ideas anyone?

Have been using this image on a Nokia 2x box for a week now and get constant freezing only sorted by switching off at the mains.
Any ideas anyone?

Well, first off- check your /var/keys folder via FTP and delete any files you find that relate to rom3, rom10 and rom11. Leave the three rom7 files in there. Then see how it settles down.

If you're still getting freezing, then switch to one of the SM or SS channels- press Red then Blue on the r/c- and get back with the approx readings for BER, SNR and SIG.

Does your subbed box also freeze on the same connection? :grin

Cheers- AL

Any ideas anyone?

Hi,

This image has ucode 014 as default. Change your ucode to 001A ( blue button menus )and reboot, my guess is this will sort out your freezing problems.

all the best

another great release
thanks for the hard work m8

working brilliantly. however on my sagem 2xI box there are some instances of freezing and stuttering. Other than that perfect

wel i was alredy on 001A now iv switched to vortex. Whats the difference in these. I think the vortex ucode works well with my box because i have had no stuttering at all yet and channels are running smoothly :D

hooked up a nokia last night with this image the thing was freezing on and off,dont usually bother with these dboxes just thought i would try.stick with the pace i think.

hooked up a nokia last night with this image the thing was freezing on and off,dont usually bother with these dboxes just thought i would try.stick with the pace i think.

Yeah, I agree, m8. Nokia dbox2 is a pile of sh*te. :puke:

Send it to me- no sense wasting space on your local landfill site with it. I'll pay your P&P, naturally!

Cheers- AL :Wave:

Yeah, I agree, m8. Nokia dbox2 is a pile of sh*te. :puke:

Send it to me- no sense wasting space on your local landfill site with it. I'll pay your P&P, naturally!

Cheers- AL :Wave:

Al,

Had to reply to this.

Not only are you a superb wealth of knowledge around the dbox scene but you're becoming quite a funny guy to boot !!!! I've had the odd snigger at a few of your previous quips but I almost pissed my pants at that one !!

sorry to go off thead peeps.

Off for a few pints now, Cheers.

Back