Andromeda V2.0 Image Feedback

.. also noticed that the clock on the infobar/menus occasionally misses
out digits e.g 07:50 becomes 0 :50 not sure if it happens on other
images

Attention needed in /var/tuxbox/config/ to the neutrino.conf file, m8. Look in the fontsize.infobar section and play with the font sizes in there, nudging them down one size at a time.

You'll have to restart neutrino in the Services menu for the edits to take effect.

Basically, Clock digits start dropping out like that if the font size is set too large.

Cheers- AL

Basically, Clock digits start dropping out like that if the font size is set too large.

Cheers- AL

I'll have a mess with the fonts when i get a minute Although i have a backup of the neutrino.conf that i transfer to my images with a heavily reduced font size due to watching on a 42" Cheers

Edit : Reduced infobar font size worked a treat cheers mate

Last edited:
Andromeda V2.0
Jffs2 image

Completly re-done from the latest next-Gen Return image
New Features
Can now save your own themes there are 9 themes already including Andromeda theme in user themes.
You now can position the volume bar in 6 different positions on the screen and set up different functions for it.Found in Miscellaneous settings called Osd Specials.
Lots of little fixes.

All UK Scanning Thanks to Mrdontay
Old school meets New school
Integrated Lcd-Epg no more plugins turns on and off in dbox andromeda settings
Gbox Evocamd Mgcamd and Newcamd
This image done for Chirping and Freezing boxes.
IP 192.168.0.24
Cams Ucodes via blue button menu
upnp browser
Added ucodes 00f0-00f1 and 0013
On screen clock etc
Scart mode
Password for menu personalization 0000
New setmylocations file added with all entrys found in the net-id section and a few more.
Goto dbox ,service ,system informations and now gives info on dbox if 1x or 2x and if avia 600 or 500 plus much more.
Scanning for Ireland
Removed hardware settings not needed anymore auto configs Avia driver to 500 or 600 on boot
save audio pids no more narrator
changed some cams to smaller versions and tested (thanks to paphosal for sending them)
added games chess ,lemmings,pacman
changed some more text
added cam restart to blue button menu
added epg restart plugin to blue button menu
tidied up blue button menu bit easier to get to things now.
Plus a few other bits.

Enjoy

Xenafan
flashed this image on to my sagem x2 box everything seems ok only every now and then slight freeze anybody else had this problem everything else is great good sharp picture easy menu.
well done
xenafan

"No more narrator" ??

In the features list for the new Andromeda image, it says the following:

"save audio pids no more narrator"

I'm assuming this means that there is a way to completely disable the voice-over audio channels. Does anyone know how this works? I've been looking for a way to disable these voice-overs by default, rather than having to manually select an audio channel (a pain for timer recordings!).

In regards to the epgfilter.xml i've noticed if the channel name has a "&" like Men & Motors the file doesn't work corectly, for some reson it doesn't like the "&".

Nice image, the EPG works nice and quick here on TW. Been using it for 1 week without problems.

I hope this wasn't mentioned by some one else, but this may help some peeps out: seems this image will only work (in TW) if I use ucode 001A and with spts mode turned off, no other combination will work. When it doesn't work I get the error message of "Error Channel Not Available" on all channels (even FTA ones).

I noticed that this is the same with earlier Andromeda v1.4 and also with Blade Trinity ones, v2.0 and revisited.

If this will help in some way, on Pachino v2.1 and Commando v8.0 images I can use ucode 0014 but only if I turn on spts mode to on. In these images using ucode 001A also requires spts mode to be off.

In regards to the epgfilter.xml i've noticed if the channel name has a "&" like Men & Motors the file doesn't work corectly, for some reson it doesn't like the "&".

You're not typing this lot in manually, are you AH? It's an xml file, same as your bouquets file. You can copy 'n paste directly from bouquets to epgfilter, as Lincsat discovered.

If you used channel name "Men & Motors" in bouquets (and services) - it wouldn't work! The whole file-read would stop solid at that & point, (it sees it as special code). So the syntax rules of xml must be adhered to, m8. Your string should look like this:

"Men & Motors"

Cheers- AL

Nice image, the EPG works nice and quick here on TW. Been using it for 1 week without problems.

I hope this wasn't mentioned by some one else, but this may help some peeps out: seems this image will only work (in TW) if I use ucode 001A and with spts mode turned off, no other combination will work. When it doesn't work I get the error message of "Error Channel Not Available" on all channels (even FTA ones).

I noticed that this is the same with earlier Andromeda v1.4 and also with Blade Trinity ones, v2.0 and revisited.

If this will help in some way, on Pachino v2.1 and Commando v8.0 images I can use ucode 0014 but only if I turn on spts mode to on. In these images using ucode 001A also requires spts mode to be off.

Only ucode 0014 properly supports SPTS mode in any image - I'm using this image (in Pure NTL) with SPTS mode on and ucode 0014. Have you tried scanning for channels after setting the ucode?. You have re-booted after changing ucode?

Only ucode 0014 properly supports SPTS mode in any image - I'm using this image (in Pure NTL) with SPTS mode on and ucode 0014. Have you tried scanning for channels after setting the ucode?. You have re-booted after changing ucode?
Yup, it's just that Andromeda doesn't seem to support spts mode on for ucode 0014 in TW. Yes already tried re-scanning after changing ucode to 0014 + spts mode on. Yep, I also reboot every time I change ucode or spts mode (with save of course). But that isn't the problem because just by changing ucode to 001A + spts off & rebooting the channels work.

Under Pacino v2.1 for example the ucode 0014 works with spts mode on, but same settings don't work in Andromeda nor Blade in TW area.

Hmm, I am beginning to think it's related to TW area + image, because it works in pure NTL as mentioned.

Last edited:
7 Days EPG

My Bro got me a 32mb module for my sagem i now get 7 days EPG on all channels with the files Freddyfrog posted elsewhere WOW! gets the epg info on standby.

Cheers

Xenafan

Yup, it's just that Andromeda doesn't seem to support spts mode on for ucode 0014 in TW. Yes already tried re-scanning after changing ucode to 0014 + spts mode on. Yep, I also reboot every time I change ucode or spts mode (with save of course). But that isn't the problem because just by changing ucode to 001A + spts off & rebooting the channels work.

Under Pacino v2.1 for example the ucode 0014 works with spts mode on, but same settings don't work in Andromeda nor Blade in TW area.

Hmm, I am beginning to think it's related to TW area + image, because it works in pure NTL as mentioned.

I am in ex ntl here and works fine m8 will take a look at whats going on for you on my next version if you would like to help with the pre-release versions and give me feedback then it will help other people with the same problems thats what its all about here helping each other.

Nice Post M8

Cheers

Xenafan

I am in ex ntl here and works fine m8 will take a look at whats going on for you on my next version if you would like to help with the pre-release versions and give me feedback then it will help other people with the same problems thats what its all about here helping each other.

Nice Post M8

Cheers

Xenafan
Such nice replies here, and yes sounds like fun, I'd like to do that! :) I have some other ideas, just guessing (hope i won't get shot), could it perhaps be weird resolution of channels in TW area being a little different from NTL & Ex NTL, and which breaks the SPTS mode?

Last edited:

By any chance do you have a nokia box?
Have you tried changing the "Use hardware sections" in Driver Options.

By any chance do you have a nokia box?
Have you tried changing the "Use hardware sections" in Driver Options.
:cool: Thanks, yes I am using Nokia 2xIntel, and that made it work with ucode 0014 (SPTS on) after turning that option to off with Andromeda v2.0. I'll try the other images tonight. Ahh, just noticed that Pacino image had that option turned off by default!

Last edited:
You're not typing this lot in manually, are you AH? It's an xml file, same as your bouquets file. You can copy 'n paste directly from bouquets to epgfilter, as Lincsat discovered.

If you used channel name "Men & Motors" in bouquets (and services) - it wouldn't work! The whole file-read would stop solid at that & point, (it sees it as special code). So the syntax rules of xml must be adhered to, m8. Your string should look like this:

"Men & Motors"

Cheers- AL
No mate i was copying straight from the bouquets, forgot about trying the old & i should have known really.

I'll give that a try cheers :)

My Bro got me a 32mb module for my sagem i now get 7 days EPG on all channels with the files Freddyfrog posted elsewhere WOW! gets the epg info on standby.

Cheers

Xenafan
Could you just confirm i have this correct in regards to what kind of memory is needed for a sagem is it 32MB 100pin PC100 SDRAM DIMM ?? & is 32mb the max it will take?

Last edited:
Could you just confirm i have this correct in regards to what kind of memory is needed for a sagem is it 32MB 100pin PC100 SDRAM DIMM ?? & is 32mb the max it will take?

Hey- this sounds interesting! Is add-on memory a possibility for Nokia dBox2?

@xenafan: Are you saying you now have 32mb in addition to the existing 32mb? Or have you turned a 16mb box into a 32mb model?

Also- with your 7 Days EPG, are you activating the epgfilter.xml file to restrict all the channels you rarely (if ever) watch to Now 'n Next EPG only?

Plus, FreddyFrog is desperate for feedback on 7 Day EPG where it's pointed to a swapfile for cacheing. Any chance you could play with that, m8? No rush, as CF is still down...

Cheers- AL

The Nokia memory is different kind of memory than the Sagem memory.

If you have a look in PT-1's help file it shows a few pics of the nokia memory.

Tried this image, i cannot get gbox to work with premium channels such as Sly Sports etc.
Have had to revert to mgcamd.
I am ex TW, is anyone else having this problem?

Tried this image, i cannot get gbox to work with premium channels such as Sly Sports etc.
Have had to revert to mgcamd.
I am ex TW, is anyone else having this problem?

No, m8- works fine for me. In fact, I just made my copy of Andromeda v2.0 (and a half dozen other test images) totally gbox only. Make sure that gbox resides in /bin/emu (it's my only file in that folder, @ 291,900 bytes, and chmod 755). Also, the ONLY file I have in /var/keys is gbox_cfg to begin with. After AU (very quick, around 20-30 secs)- it adds a second small file named nagra which contains pk data.

Cheers- AL

Back