Andromeda V2.0 Image Feedback

A BIG Thanks to XenaFan! I've been using Blade 2.0 for a year now and always thought it was brilliant so I'm trying Andromeda.

One great thing I've noticed is that when controlling it remotely via yWeb it responds much quicker. (Or is this because I'm using an iMac now ) Where do the screenshots go when you hit the shot button, nothing seems to happen for me!

One issue I have is that I even though I've set my location (ex c&W Portsmouth) cant change the Cable provider in the scanning section it seems stuck on Kabel Deutschland. Anyone else get this?

Looks like your image has gone read only m8. You will need to reflash the image.

Hey thanks RodBoy, works fine now, I've now idea how it got into that state!

Do I need Fast Scan on or off for section scanning?

In the Service Scan menu set sections scan to OFF and set fast scan to ON.

All the best

Thanks but I don't think I phrased my question well. I want to keep section scanning ON as I like to ensure any new channels are picked up but I don't know if I need Fast Scan on or off for this or is it irrelevant?

It's irrelevant m8 !!!!!!! Sections scan when set to ON will pick up channels in the background - a waste of time IMO, other than filling up your unsorted bouquet with duplicates and junk. This may have been the cause of your image going read only before ??? since there is limited space on the image.

All the best

waiting for time

hi guys here again like i said in my earlier post ive flashed this image to my downstairs box to great success i have now had chance to flash the upstairs box i've updated the service files and bouqets and all the channels work great one problem its saying waiting for time with no epg so i done a service scan to no avail still the same any one with any ideas cheers daz

hi guys here again like i said in my earlier post ive flashed this image to my downstairs box to great success i have now had chance to flash the upstairs box i've updated the service files and bouqets and all the channels work great one problem its saying waiting for time with no epg so i done a service scan to no avail still the same any one with any ideas cheers daz

Are all channels clear or just a black screen ? Try the dodgy box downstairs. If you get the same problems, you might have a faulty / weak tuner.

All the best

waiting for time

i'm down stairs mate all the channels are perfect tried changing the cams and ucode and its still the same not sure what to do

Remember this is a feedback thread m8.

Start a new thread for problems like this, then more people are likely to view and offer help.

Anyhow last post here.

Whats in the line before the feed hits your upstairs box ? If you have any splitters remove them. Also remove the attenuator supplied by the CC if it's there.

Good luck

sorry mate the thing is the box was working ok upstairs with blade installed epg and time was fine my other box has andromeda on it and works great so i flashed it downstairs

I've been using this image on a sagem 2x for a few weeks in Ireland. It seems to stutter/freeze more than Blade Trinity did. Ive tried different cams and ucodes but not having much joy. sometimes it takes a minute or so for a picture to show up after changing a channel, other times the audio will cut out every couple of seconds. Any ideas on how to get it to settle down?

Some more feedback:

Like someone else in this thread I'm occasionally getting "Error! Channel Not available" messages after changing channel. It doesn't seem related to FTA or subscription channels and I cant find any 'pattern' of things I've done. A Reboot brings everything back. So It may be back to the good ol' Blade 2 (still the best!!)

whats the password for fpt as trying to update my keys but just get Access Denied all the time ?????? WTF

Back