Andromeda V2.0 Image Feedback

AL, nice gesture there, if you get that dbox I will "reluctantly" swap it for my pace "8888" box?

:drink:

Boswell
(SS)

not saying its all bad the epg is good so is the picture.the image overall is good too,its just the freezing last night,the signals good so it cannot be that.

not saying its all bad the epg is good so is the picture.the image overall is good too,its just the freezing last night,the signals good so it cannot be that.

Hmmm, this is usually a problem with sagems, not nokia dboxes, m8. Go into Settings > Driver/Boot and stuff like Hardware Sections, SPTS mode, Avia watchdog, Enx watchdog, pmt update- turn the whole lot to OFF, then reboot.

A weak spot on nokia, easily overlooked, is the female co-ax Antenna socket for your incoming feed. Does this feel 'slack' when you push the cable end in?

If so, give it a careful tighten-up, both for the central pin, and the internal gripper cage for the outer barrel of the male plug. Doing similar on my nokia, with known good feed, brought the BER down from 262,000 to 90, just like that! In fact, what ARE your BER, SNR, SIG readings on a freezing channel? (Press Red then Blue).

You could give Boswell's SS-Enigma v2.0 a try, to see if that sorts it. But first, backup the obvious stuff from Andromeda (keys folder, services etc).

Cheers- AL

Last edited:
Image works fine no freezing but get green lines going down the screen now and again, have to change channels a few time to get rid of them anyone know how to stop this? as it did not happen with the commando 6 image I was using before.

Heeelp

Guys I cant see where to set my location in Andromeda v2

Any help isd appreciated

Jocky

hi. sorry for late reply was busy with work, well yes i have set my area correctly by pressing blue button then andromedia menu then set my location for channel scanning, once i have set my location it then restart the box, then i start scanning, but seems it doesnt scan at all...so i end up put my old boquest n service in var folder

i have re-flashed it 2 times..
nothing seems to scan the channels

any idea?

When you scan...are you using fast scan ???

If not then turn it to ON and if you are then try turning it OFF, see if you get anything. I think these images were made for fast scanning.

well yeh my fast scan is off while its scanning but hvent tryed fast scan on while scanning. i give tht try now

cheers for the image - I'm steadily getting my head around what you can do with these dboxes and your images always feel particularly wieldy and stable. This one is no exception.

Need a small bit of help please...

I've just put this on my other Nokia 2x box, because I liked it on my Sagem 1x box, but I have a bit of an odd problem...

It always restarts on channel number one... I've tried the manual setting in the Andromedia Menu options, but it still came back on Channel One... I've left it on Auto for now, and will live with it for now... But it's a bit of a pain...

This happens from a normal shutdown, not when the box has crashed etc. At the moment I'm watching SS1 (Cricket) but, if I reboot the box, it comes back on BBC 1. (Channel one) It doesn't matter if I reboot from the Menu (8), or if I turn it off by the remote.

I've flashed the image on a few times, even with IFA, in case it was being screwed somehow during the FTP, but it still does it.

It does this on the Sagem 1x box too I've realised, I didn't think it did, but I was wrong...

Thanks.

Nice image again XenaFan btw. Top stuff...! Thanks.

Last edited:
Need a small bit of help please...

I've just put this on my other Nokia 2x box, because I liked it on my Sagem 1x box, but I have a bit of an odd problem...

It always restarts on channel number one... I've tried the manual setting in the Andromedia Menu options, but it still came back on Channel One... I've left it on Auto for now, and will live with it for now... But it's a bit of a pain...

This happens from a normal shutdown, not when the box has crashed etc. At the moment I'm watching SS1 (Cricket) but, if I reboot the box, it comes back on BBC 1. (Channel one) It doesn't matter if I reboot from the Menu (8), or if I turn it off by the remote.

I've flashed the image on a few times, even with IFA, in case it was being screwed somehow during the FTP, but it still does it.

It does this on the Sagem 1x box too I've realised, I didn't think it did, but I was wrong...

Thanks.

Nice image again XenaFan btw. Top stuff...! Thanks.

It will always start on channel one m8 what ever is the first channel in the BEST bouqet is what it boots up on
I will try to sort this out on the next release.

Cheers

Xenafan

:Clap: just like to say thanks for this image had an old sagem sitting around gathering dust, always froze and squeaked on certain channels after about 1/2 hour i have had this image running now for 24 hours no such problems had to change the u codes to get it bang on but brilliant now, once again thanks guys

:Cheers:

tip top on the new image all is well on what was a very cherppy box ie sagem 2x but sweet as a nut now,xenafan your a star keep up the great work m8,

I have noticed this on any channel.. the pictures freezes for 5 seconds, and when the picture goes back to normal the audio is out of sync with the picture - audio is a few seconds ahead of picture. A normal change of channel and back to original channel fixes the problems.

The box is Nokia using GBox

Been running this image since it was released and its rock steady, one of the best without doubt.

Since the recent problems however I have the dreaded S*Y Bet screen on S*ky Sports 1. Is everybody else's like this.

Back