Ambit 200

saxon

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all i have got my lights back on the modem and have now got ambit200-sigma.bin on the modem.

rebooted the modem and followed the tut and entered the folling

cd /cm_hal
scan_stop
The channel scan should then stop. Now, enter your settings.

cd /non-vol/halif
mac_address 1 aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
cm_tuner 14
annex_a
cm_annex 3 (i am in a pure NTL area )
cd ../docsis
ds_frequency 402750000

all ok till i put in write it comes up saying commend unknown so am i doing something wrong ?

i can get in to my sigma page by entering 192.168.100.1

Thanks

try the ambit tool just make sure u select the right f/w for ur modem

i did try the Ambit config tool 096 put all the info in then clicked apply blue bar works it's way across.

and still know go i have the ready light on and power light on and thats it. can get in to the sigma page put new mac in and so on but thats it.

try doing it without forcing the config file and tftp, also post the modem log and the upstream and downstream signal info

try doing it without forcing the config file and tftp, also post the modem log and the upstream and downstream signal info

thanks for the halp gentlex

but where do i find the modem log ?

i did not force the config file as i had a cmreg-ntlhm200-bund03.cm mac that works fine.
i am useing a SB5001i thats working fine just said to my m8 i would try his old ambit200modem for him as he no longer has the net.

cd /non-vol/halif
mac_address 1 aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
cm_tuner 14
annex_a
cm_annex 3 (i am in a pure NTL area )
cd ../docsis
ds_frequency 402750000

after the commands above are you typing...

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

or just...

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

as a footnote, i had an issue with a 200 whereby it would only connect to the internet if i were using the ex-cw downstream frequency 33100000 or something like that. I am in pure as well but it worked for me..... i'll see if i can dig out the thread for you

tell a lie, it was down to the annex type, try setting it as annex_a with ntl pure DS frequency. if that doesnt work go all out ex-cw and see where that gets you. report back your findings please mate

sorry to hijack the thread but i have 2 ambit 200's that i cant get online, i cant even get to the 192.168.100.1 page when the tut leads u to that page

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

sorry to hijack the thread but i have 2 ambit 200's that i cant get online, i cant even get to the 192.168.100.1 page when the tut leads u to that page

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

A little bit more info would help mate...........and this might sound silly but do you have the ethernet cable conected when you want to access 192.168.100.1?

Back