Ambit 200 Reinstall Firmwere ????

vintyd said:
Still up not doing 2 bad this is the longest a 10mb mac has stayed up for me
vinty, is yours still going ?

Yea m8 had it turned off since my last post but worked first time bout 10 mins ago ill keep ya updated

ok iv got a prob with 1 of my 200s i fecked about with it when i press p and go into the menu and press d to download it wont let me add any ips or anything is there any way 2 undo what iv done?

Got kicked off there now.....

Starting Software Update...
0x00005000 ['CmDo' id=0x806d3240] BcmCmDocsisIpThread::TftpSoftwareImage: (CmDo
csisIpThread) ERROR - SW dload exceeded max tries (0); aborting the download.
Logging event: coldStart
Logging event: Link up--USB interface
Logging event: Link down--Ethernet interface
Logging event: Link up--Cable interface
Logging event: SW Download INIT - Via Config file cmreg-mota4100-bund03.cm
Logging event: SW Upgrade Failed during download - Max retry exceed (3)

Unpluged power lead and reconnected and worked first time.

vintyd said:
Still up not doing 2 bad this is the longest a 10mb mac has stayed up for me

It was only a matter of time, we all need to start working with the new firmware to get any where with these ambits.

Yea, ur right m8 where can I get the new firmware??? Wat kinda things do u recommend to try out.

New Firmware

It is definatly better to put your modem back to locked current firmware after setting your macs.

I have done this with out any no update mod and 10meg hasn't gone off once.

Jimbo? so what are you saying let the modem update or not???

Rite so set ur mac on the old firmware then let it update to new firmware and hopefully it stays on???

Hi vintyd

I have tried that method....Programmed mac in via hyper terminal on pre update firmware,then changed max download tries to 1 (to let it take the update).Took the update no probs,only problem is that it restores its original mac address.So since then i have had to use ambit downgrade method so i can least adress the modem via hyperterminal.

Just waiting for it to go off again now lol

Slimbo :)

So if that really true that it reverts back to original mac then the answer must be in the firmware.
If you can set the cloned mac in the firmware and then upload it to the modem it would stay on.
I've opened the firmware in a hex editor but i got no idea.
Some of you's lot must know about that stuff

Thats a good point,but i read in another post,if you let the update happen,it sets the factory default.I am thinking that factory default settings are outside of the firmware maybe.Reason for me thinking this,is how the hell it getting the old mac back it shipped with?

The mind boggles....

Slimbo :D

Yes it will set it to factory because u havnt changed the config name, so i hear anyway. best to use a 200 mac on a 200 so it downloads the correct firmware.

I have played with an ambit for ages so i can't test any therories,but where the hell is the mac then?
Am i right the modem is nothing without the frimware and thats the permenent bit.
It gives you the option to change the usb mac as well. Is that anything to do with it.
I remember when i played around with hex editors you could look for text strings.
possibly set it to look for the mac address.It would be to good to be true if it was all in one place?
Ah this would answer some questions.
when you guys put that frimware in the downloads section on your ambits has the mac address changed??
If not then the mac is in the second image.
Is there a way to upload this as well to an ambit?

Thanks for the advice l33tpLa4y4

But i might be jumping the gun here........ ( i probably am knowing me)

With the firmware untouched,and applying the anti update mod,the modem i use seems to shut off within 30 mins.....But with the info i have gained from this thread.....change mac addy with preupdate,let modem boot up,wait for update to arrive........modem takes update.Reboots automatically,new ntl header in config page,end of the line crap,warning from ntl at bottom of page.

Follow the ambit downgrade method,change your mac addy once again..... And now my modem has been on for 2 hours with 10 meg mac address!

I am probably jumping the gun somewhat,but i do find it strange.I will leave it on overnight,and if its still doing the biz in the morning,then maybe the update process does help

Keep it real

Slimbo said:
Thanks for the advice l33tpLa4y4

But i might be jumping the gun here........ ( i probably am knowing me)

With the firmware untouched,and applying the anti update mod,the modem i use seems to shut off within 30 mins.....But with the info i have gained from this thread.....change mac addy with preupdate,let modem boot up,wait for update to arrive........modem takes update.Reboots automatically,new ntl header in config page,end of the line crap,warning from ntl at bottom of page.

Follow the ambit downgrade method,change your mac addy once again..... And now my modem has been on for 2 hours with 10 meg mac address!

I am probably jumping the gun somewhat,but i do find it strange.I will leave it on overnight,and if its still doing the biz in the morning,then maybe the update process does help

Keep it real

They are able to match the s/n to the mac m8, they have all the ambit s/n's to match the factory MAC, thats how it defaults the mac , what you are saying about the flashing over network id say your correct, i done the same and its been on for a good few days now, but before hand it was a nightmare, let us know how yours is.

Right,

Have just risen from my grave (my cesspit of a bed) Just letting you know the uptime on this 10 meg modem,it's currently at 10 hours,so far so good.

I am going to have to power it off tho,so i can put my subbed modem back on,apparently they monitor how much you use your subbed modem,and if they dont see you using it,they ring you up (no shit like,my m8 got interrogated by them the other day!)I am going to split the signal,so my subbed ntl250 can chat away happily with there head office hehe.

I will make a post back in 7 days,ONLY IF the modem is still on and connected to the net.

I relly do think the method in my previous post,and the method tried by l33tpl4y4 does have an impact on this new flaw with these modems.It definetly gets em past the 30/60 min mark,which i think makes life a little easier.

Rite this could explain why my 10mb has stayed up so long with no problems aswell. The modem had got the update and flashy lights, downgraded it and then put a 10mb mac on with noupdate and its stayed on with hardly any problems only having to reboot the modem 3 times.

ive gave up, my 200 is fécked now due to a bad flash file, i need to get someone to manually flash the tsop by removing it etc, that will bring it back from the dead :)

Any offer's to do this for me chaps ???

Other than that, iam sitting here with two perfectly good 100's, but ive not heard anyone using them really, anyone know anything about cloning 100's or is it simply a No-No ??

Back