Ambit 200 Reinstall Firmwere ????

thomson said:
ive gave up, my 200 is fécked now due to a bad flash file, i need to get someone to manually flash the tsop by removing it etc, that will bring it back from the dead :)

Any offer's to do this for me chaps ???

Other than that, iam sitting here with two perfectly good 100's, but ive not heard anyone using them really, anyone know anything about cloning 100's or is it simply a No-No ??

what boot code verson are they m8??

Does this thread contain the solution to 200s needing to be reset (mine goes off after a few mins..I think it's when the original is online)

Are you guys still running strong?

Is the solution:-

1. downgrade s/ware
2. take the hit
3. anti-update
4. change mac?

let me know fellas

cheers

Hi rutters,

My ambit has been on for over a week now with a 10 meg mac address,so just to recap....

1. Let the ambit take the firmware update on stream.
2.Downgrade using the tut in the cable modem downloads section (i used the firnware included in the zip file)
3.Apply the anti update mod.
4.Change your mac addy.

Now one thing that might happen,is if you are using hyperterminal,if you notice that ethernet,usb go down,this is nothing to worry about,i think if you use a hacked ambit,the dhcp server puts a block on (i think its something to do with the ip address it allocates,it could even be where the dhcp server is just confused,i dont really know).

Take the modem off the stream for at least one hour,if this does happen.When you reconnect,it should hold its connection,BUT if you put another modem on the stream that hasnt had the above modification,it WILL get barred again.So just reapply the little fix here,and all will be ok.

I hth

Slimbo :)

great post m8..thanks V much

just one Q.

1. how do I allow the modem to take the update?

anyway, isn't this what has happened naturally ? I mean, it took a hit so I downgraded, anti-updated and changed mac? same thing innit?

cheers

instead of having maxdownloads set to 0,change it to 1,this way the modem can take the update again.

I know what your saying about the chain of events,and yes it is the same thing,but because there is no solid method of doing this,i would apply the fix again,if it drops the connection,leave it off stream for an hour,then connect her back up.

It should then stay on (hopefully lol)

Slimbo :D

thanks again..I'll give it a go.

cheers

btw how did U get a 10 meg mac?? I can only sniff out lights and mids..

Last edited:
I got the 10 meg mac,when it was a gold before the change happened....

I cant seem to sniff the higher macs now,i think they have changed something in the file format,so dhcp or snmp config cant sniff em..

Pretty annoying i know

Slimbo

Back