Ambit 200 Reinstall Firmwere ????

everlastuk said:
so does this mean any ntl 200 boxes which have the new ntl branded logo wen u goto http://192.168.100.1 can be fixed now? no need to do any soldering? worth gettin a ntl 200 then? cause for days i aint been sure wot box to go for but with this fix it sounds like theres no worries, am i right?

thanx guys

Yes you are ;)

will this only work for the 200? or can it be done for the 120 too?

b3nnyb0y said:
aye ty m8ty thats a great news bulliten :p now i can do me 200 woot

U trader lol, see all the people went for motos and they didnt think our wee ambits could make it, i havent even bought a moto i had hope and will always for the ambits

iam on 10mb now, yipeee, it worked chaps, feckin brilliant :)

i dunno how long it will last though.

iam not sure i done this part properley >

cd non-vol\snmp
max_dload_tries 0
write
cd \
reset

could someone tell me if i done it right, this is what i done >
i didnt have cable feed in, i plugged in the power and the modem started its scanning crap or whatever it does, i quickly pasted the

cd non-vol\snmp
max_dload_tries 0
write
cd \
reset

info into the hyperterminal window while the scanning is going and i hit return, i done this a few times to make sure, lol, then i just followed the mac change guide as normal, cd non-vol etc etc etc.

Is that the way to do it guys ??? i dont have the ntl logo in the internal page and i have checked the speed and its running at download speed of about 9600kb/s.

p.s
does this fix work on the 100's or 120 modems ?

Last edited:
thomson said:
iam on 10mb now, yipeee, it worked chaps, feckin brilliant :)

i dunno how long it will last though.

iam not sure i done this part properley >

cd non-vol\snmp
max_dload_tries 0
write
cd \
reset

could someone tell me if i done it right, this is what i done >
i didnt have cable feed in, i plugged in the power and the modem started its scanning crap or whatever it does, i quickly pasted the

cd non-vol\snmp
max_dload_tries 0
write
cd \
reset

info into the hyperterminal window while the scanning is going and i hit return, i done this a few times to make sure, lol, then i just followed the mac change guide as normal, cd non-vol etc etc etc.

Is that the way to do it guys ??? i dont have the ntl logo in the internal page and i have checked the speed and its running at download speed of about 9600kb/s.

p.s
does this fix work on the 100's or 120 modems ?
anyone ??? :)

how can I get hold of a 'pre-update image ' for my area?

is there one in the zip file?

can't d/load it at the mo..very limited access

cheers

Happy days, good work m8 :) Is there anyway of searching for 200 macs??? Also I cloned a modem which worked fine for like 2 days but then kept kicking u off, ie havin to reboot the modem. Change the mac on the modem and it works fine for a few days and then the same thing happens!!! Is it anything to do with the macs im using being 2 close to the gateway of the cloned modem???

name750 said:
I just got told thay you can reflash ambit mby ethernet!!!!!
so no more lifting tsop willem b*ll*cks!!!
I dont think i'llhave time to try it but you giys might lek to have a go.
When i get home i'llput up the tut i got in the download section.
I would like to know how an ambit is when you clone a mac and just let it take the update????

OMG LOL FFS do you read anything, i wrote that it can be done then jimbo posted the tut lol, look back on the post m8, If you clone a mac and let it update it will set it back to default factory mac

Last edited:
ive had a 10mb clone going now with the fix since midnight last night, worked for about 12 hours then i got bounced off, again and again and again.

the mac's are from a good source and usually always work no probs, been getting them from this source for a couple of years now, funny how it went for about 12 hours then bouncy bouncy, eh ??? cant understand that ?

anyway, got another 10mb mac running now, so far so good, only been about 15 minutes though. :Cheers:

iam trying all these 10mb macs i have, iam getting on for a while then getting booted, its as if they are watching out especially for 10mb cloners, pain in the arse so it is :(

I know it sounds like a typical case of using a mac from the same gateway, but its not, unless they have changed the gateway that is, most unlikley, eh ?

waste of time with the 10mb macs guys, they must be blitzing them big time, they are on/off/on/off or just plain "off", total pain in the arse.

Ive resorted to a 2mb mac to see how that go's, so far so good.

keep ya posted.

will this fix work on the 120 ambits? or is it for the 200 only?

thanx guys

Its for 200 models only .

Trying last night with 10mb macs and experiencing same problem. I have the tried the fix and all that but its not having it...goes off after hour or less.

According to the log on hyperterminal the ethernet link is down and the USB link is down when I lose internet activity.

Is this because it fails to update the firmware I wonder. ie cc send the firmware update to modem. The modem rejects the update because of the fix so cc reply with ethernet+usb link disabled.

Monty said:
Its for 200 models only .

Trying last night with 10mb macs and experiencing same problem. I have the tried the fix and all that but its not having it...goes off after hour or less.

According to the log on hyperterminal the ethernet link is down and the USB link is down when I lose internet activity.

Is this because it fails to update the firmware I wonder. ie cc send the firmware update to modem. The modem rejects the update because of the fix so cc reply with ethernet+usb link disabled.
i doubt it mate, i had a 10mb up and running for about 12hours, only on 2mb now, been ok for past 5 hours ::)

Back