Amazon starting to block apps

Was left scratching my head about the updates and forgot Firesticks are Amazon ??.

So like on some smart tvs and not allowing some apps to run via blocking o_O o_O

Will see how it goes but blocked my old fire stick lite just in case , prevention is better than nothing :)

I hear you but they won't cos it would kill of their sales big time
Amazon are the richest company in the world I don’t think they would worry about the loss of Firestick sales.
I am not saying they will but they are up to something and they know people are using their devices for third party apps, illegal streaming of their Amazon prime content and other platforms content.

Last edited:
I don't see what the big deal is about running the blocking app if you can. You don't need updates anyway. I blocked mine as soon as they brought out the new interface too stop the chromecast look.

I don't see what the big deal is about running the blocking app if you can. You don't need updates anyway. I blocked mine as soon as they brought out the new interface too stop the chromecast look.
I think the main reason is stop people altering the interface and Home Screen because of the advertising, prime content and bloat ware.

I don't care what it looks like, I don't sit there and stare at the screen/adverts etc
switch on and bang straight in to the app I'm wanna use
just like the shield adverts all over the place but it don't bother me, I'm in my happy app
my NutFlicks button opens up Syncler and a long press on it opens YouLube
;)
:cool:

Last edited:
I like to be able to customise my Home Screen and and install what I want and no bloat ware. That’s why I like vanilla Android OS because it has not been modified like Amazon devices and other similar devices.
Amazon devices are great for the price but when they start blocking you from doing what you want with them after you have purchased it.
I think it’s a step to far and who knows where it will end but time will tell.

I've a feeling they won't block "all" apps I think they've just blocked his app that stops them updating.
I also don't think it's a clever move. Yes Amazon are huge and won't miss the sales but let's not forget, the stick is also a gateway to buying other Amazon products through the stick. For as long as I can remember firesticks 3rd party apps (Kodi) have always been running side by side.
Firesticks need these apps the same as these apps need firesticks.
If they block the IPTV sideloaded apps FS sales will drop I'm sure of that. If they do mine will be binned as its all I use it for.

Time will tell

LATEST FIRESTICK UPDATE (MORE THINGS BROKEN !) Jan 30, 2022​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I get Amazon blocking his updater app and custom launchers as they are control freaks and want their launcher and updates.
3rd party apps ?, I'm not so sure they'll go that far. I think that wouldn't be a good decision.

The might get serious about streaming piracy if they get enough pressure from the governing bodies.
Always prepare for the worst then you won’t be surprised if it happens.

I kinda get that but I'm not so sure they'll go as far as stopping 3rd party apps.
These apps have no data or iptv settings in them.

It would be like banning the sale of syringes to stop smack heads using gear.

They will know of third party apps that can access illegal streams of Movies/TV shows.
They may start with theses but only time will tell.

Yeah I mean, it's no hardship though, there's enough devices out there to choke a donkey.

Back