Am I wrong

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, so the wife got a message from my step-mum and I just had to reply to her. Should I have not sent my reply?

I am so sorry to hear of your continued pain. I had no idea about any of this until this weekend. Actually, I'm not sure Dad knew either, but then again, you know how men are. They never talk about the things we women would. It's too bad Craig had said we couldn't spend Christmas day with you, because I could have been around to help you out. Oh well, it is what it is and I certainly hope you get better and out of your pain as quickly as possible! You are WAY too young for this. Anyway, we took the money we had saved up to come to the UK and will be on a cruise for a week instead. We're going to different ports this time (private island, Aruba and Curacao), so by not being able to be with you on Christmas, I guess I should say thanks for the gift of the cruise (LOL)! We won't be away for Christmas itself though, as we get back on the 24th. Way too expensive Christmas week. I got a great deal on it, as well as a couple of free perks from the cruise line and it was such a good deal that my friend and her son are going as well, so it a should be a good time. Will try and send you guys a postcard or two. I also won a weekend cruise in an auction, but it was for only 2 people, so Emily and I are going on that one in January. Got a lot of perks on that one though, as the date I was originally confirmed got changed and I had to make a second choice, so I made them compensate me. After that, I will probably have to in hospital to get my gallbladder removed. My unemployment benefits stopped om Dec. 4th, so once I do all these things, I'll be earnestly seeking work, because finances will then be very tight. You know the feeling. Hopefully Dad will get to keep his job, as they've recently had a whole bunch of layoffs, some of which were complete shockers. I know it's bad all over the world not just here, which is quite scary. We miss all of you, but Leighton is already over 2 and we've not even met him yet, which is truly sad. He probably has no idea who we even are. If you would, please show him of us photos and tell him. Thanks. I gues this e-mail has gotten way too long now, so I will close by saying that we love and miss you and hope that you get better real soon! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo Mum Max

My Reply -
Maxine,

Please don't take this email the wrong way but I feel I must point out a few facts to you.

I did not say you can't spend Christmas Day with us, I just explained that our house is not big enough for all of you to sleep in and as Kate's Mum is now on here own it is only decent of us to invite her for Christmas Dinner. If you were truly bothered about seeing Me, Wendy, Kate, Bradley and Leighton, then I am sure you would come, but of course we understand that your friends in the UK would not be as sympathetic if you did not visit them too. Someone appears to not really want to come to the UK for whatever reason.
I'm glad you can enjoy 'bragging' about your 4th or 5th holiday of the year. We haven't been on holiday for over 5 years! I remember last year or the year before you sent us a 'home-made voucher' to redeem when we came to see you, maybe you can use that for your Christmas Cruise too?

Not to mention the new TV's and a Kindle you got such a great deal on, so I am sure you will really have to tighten those purse strings now your unemployment has stopped.

You are aware I have got to file for bankruptcy, as for the past 5 years we have been trying to clear our own debts, but since Kate has been off work we are now not even able to afford to pay them?

We used to have a full and half sovereign, but had to pawn them to buy the kids Christmas presents!

You may also recall you enquired to me about Skype, I explained it to you and as we have a webcam it would have made sense to use it for 'free' video calling, but after I said about it you seemed disinterested in using it. That way you could have seen Leighton & the rest of us & vice versa.

I also meant to mention to Dad that Uncle Bill had passed away about a month ago, but didn't get chance.

Anyway as I have said I don't want you to take this email the wrong way and we are not after sympathy or anything else from you, but please use a bit more tact when you send messages like this again.

Written words can be mis-interpruted so easily as you make your own tone, so perhaps there is also a part of me that has done that with your message too.

Love and miss you all too

Like it. Found myself reading in a very sarcastic tone in your reply.

And no, I don't think you are wrong.

Hey mate,

It didnt come across to me that she was trying to be insensative but I would also say you were not wrong in your reply as i didn't/dont know the whole situation or know what your step mom is like.

Is she normally insensative or trys to come across in showing off?

If thats how u feel it was ment then you have to reply as you felt you should.

Like you said words can be takin in so many ways. Emails and Texs can be taken anyway.

if that's how you feel you are entitled to let them know and it might make you feel better to have things out in the open. it might also make them look at their behaviour and make more of an efffort to come visit you and your kids :)

however there is a possibility you might get a message from your father saying how upset she is etc etc

if that's how you feel you are entitled to let them know and it might make you feel better to have things out in the open. it might also make them look at their behaviour and make more of an efffort to come visit you and your kids :)

however there is a possibility you might get a message from your father saying how upset she is etc etc

what she says lol

Your entitled to send what email you like but it's not nice to air you laundry in public m8.
Family things should stay family things.

Your entitled to send what email you like but it's not nice to air you laundry in public m8.
Family things should stay family things.

What he says. agree 100%
Shit thats twice ive agreed with Emarald this year lol.

I hear what you guys are saying, but there was a time when there were lot's of threads like this and people would offer advice etc.

People would say "god i love dw you can sort anything on here", family,community.

What happened?

I hear what you guys are saying, but there was a time when there were lot's of threads like this and people would offer advice etc.

People would say "god i love dw you can sort anything on here", family,community.

What happened?

Maybe just a bit too much personal info in this one m8. Things we dont need to know. Not having a go at Earwig by any means.

im glad all the crap got cleared out of this thread but i too agree i think this ones a bit too personal, as earwig himself says its hard to judge via written text and with it being family i do think its one he should sort himself.

had it been general advise ok, but who are we to say whether he's right or wrong in what he sent as we dont know the background between them and if there was bad blood before these emails or whether it was this one that just got to him because of his current situation.

i do think in this case earwig should be asking his wife and sorting it within.

just my take on this one but i do agree there was no need for the shite that was in here the other day. someone showed there true colours.

I think we are going to get the occasional personal post on here, and I feel it's up to whoever starts the thread to make up their mind to what the want to share. Obviously there is a limit, however all he is after a bit of advice. Some want technical he requires personal :)

I think we are going to get the occasional personal post on here, and I feel it's up to whoever starts the thread to make up their mind to what the want to share. Obviously there is a limit, however all he is after a bit of advice. Some want technical he requires personal :)

Agreed but advice comes in many forms and if Craig reads this then im sure he will take on board the advice about the "too much personal info and details" bit of it.

we all have have different opinions on life
all earwig is asking is peoples opinions :) he must think a lot of us to trust us with personal info

You are both entitled to your own opinions, but this seems to read as though there is some family dispute looming over things and Christmas is definitely not the time to suffer this.
I agree with what you are saying and that space is of a shortage for putting up guests but surely if they wanted to come over and were planning it early enough they could have found accommodation near to your location and between you you could have sorted transport to visit family and friend.
I hope they enjoy there cruise but I sincerely hope you enjoy your Christmas more with your family, earwig, No I Don't think your wrong.

Understand what people are saying with it being a little personal but i also believe that earwig is just after a second opioion. Sometimes it good to get a second opinion from someone who is not so close to the situation can be a good thing i believe.

Nice to see he can ask these personal questions and listens to the members that offer good personal advice and may have been in the same sort of situation at sometime.

Guess if some believe its too personal then they dont have to post that sort of materal on here and dont have to reply to the thread.

Just my opinion. :proud:

got to agree with some on here personal matters should be dealt with the family not broadcast over the Internet or forum,,wither rite or wrong..its up to you and your family to judge as we don't know the background or the situation..and i am not having ago at earwig as he is a top bloke

Back