am i being fed bulsh*t!

mx'er

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just been told that I can buy for 250 quid a hacked s*y plus box, all channels etc.. seems that due to this hassle with cable a lot of people have been ditching the cable and buying these boxes.

Is this possible? is there a true hack for the s*y+ box?

cheers

you are being set up for a fall m8, steer well clear

pinkhelmets said:
its bull. :(

well thats what I thought, I did a lot of searching on web for any news on this and found nothing, yet this guy is convinced his mate has got it all.

Its a local dealer so I may have to get one of these boxes and check it out. prob 250 quid down the drain but gotta know :)

you must have more money then sence m8 IT WILL NOT WORK ffs take the 200 quid and give it to an animal charity they deserve it more

theres only one way to solve this and thats to go and see one working or not. how could a dealer fool more than one person? could it be that they register a card with the full works and then sell it and the box on, then when sly try and chase up the payment and cant they cut it off? If its not a hack then its a scam.

not unless hes paying 1 bill and cloning the card and box but that means a set amount of pay per view......y does every 1 think sky is impossible to hack.....rupert doesnt release new cards to every customer in uk 4 fun .......just count how many cards hes released,,,,must be 4 a reason.........if u had the hack and new that if it went public it would be over in a flash... would u give it out???

happyjim said:
if u had the hack and new that if it went public it would be over in a flash... would u give it out???

very good point, if it had been done and not released then the guy has the monopoly.

Is there any way to look at the code on a sly card? if so what software is needed or used? got a digi system sat here doing nothing so might as well have a play :)

i heard that are so sure they cant be hacked.
that one that can will be given a big cash reward and a job for the info
much more then you will get for trading hacked boxies!!

u can get free sky on a dream box.....and u can copy cards its on modshack

happyjim said:
u can get free sky on a dream box.....and u can copy cards its on modshack
Now that really is total bullsh@t! happyjim i suggest you read about that again on Modshack and then you will realise you CANNOT get free sky and you CANNOT copy cards. :(

The modshack posts refer to original subscription cards being used in a dreambox. You get nothing for free. This is now widely known, but you will not read it in public on many forums because nobody wants to directly stick fingers up at NDS. Modshack take there chances, but are just reporting something that has been around a while for dreambox users.

mx'er said:
Just been told that I can buy for 250 quid a hacked s*y plus box, all channels etc.. seems that due to this hassle with cable a lot of people have been ditching the cable and buying these boxes.

Is this possible? is there a true hack for the s*y+ box?

cheers

Do you think you may be getting mixed up with this and a Dbox a few people have told me they have a s*y box but it's just a Dbox, to them it's all s*y because the menus do look similar.

happyjim said:
its on modshack

up untill a few weeks ago i didnt know what 'the shack' was, now i know what it is im not interested in it either. a neighbour of mine had his sone come to stay with him for the weekend 2 weeks ago and as he saw my van outside we got talking, it turned out that he was some sort of mod on modshack and he was asking me questions about the dbox that gets you free sky. i explained to him that the sky work around wasnt a hack for free tv, just a way of using somethiing other than an authorised STB for access to PAID FOR subscription TV. he went on to say that where he lives (warrington i think it was) they are using these boxes for free TV. it was then that he realised that a dbox and a dreambox are different things

so even the modshack mods are spreading false information (even though they may not realise it) so dont believe everything you read (unless its in the daily sport :) ( . )( . ) :))

hi guy
i m8 gt da sky plus box which has bn chipped. so it has bn hack for sure bt ppl r keepin it low. OO MODSHACK WEBSITE DNT WORK MAN. IT DNT EVEN LET U REGISTER.

sky dont care what you do with the boxes as long as u pay a bill ant the end of the day... u own the equipment after the 1st yeqr,,, its your responsability........what difference does it make to sky whether u use a sky box or a dream box if there still getting the money............ so y do peeps want dreamboxes if it doesnt make sky free

@mdizzle, you are spreading crap, please understand that there are no hacked sky+ box's and its just the same old rumours over and over again.

@happyjim, most owners of a Dreambox are satellite enthusiasts, generally with a motorised or a multi-sat system. By the time you get to this stage you realise just how much the Digibox is limited and complete junk. You cant use it for anything other than Sky signals really. So to be able to use 1 receiver for your satellite needs is great, especially when its a class receiver like the Dreambox. The Dreambox is the first step forward, as Sky have tried and succeeded for many years to keep you from using anything other than a Digibox for their signals. Theres many reasons for that. So, now with the 'hack' available for you to use your card in a Dreambox, this is bound to lead to other receivers and CAMs becoming available over time, and AT LAST we can be the same as all other countries in Europe and have freedom of choice for our satellite equipment! Why should we have to use crappy toy machines, and be the only country in Europe that is controlled by the Monopoly.
For now, the Dreambox will suit us, and of course there is more to this, such as a Dreambox can share its official cards between other Dreambox owners, or on your own LAN. So, no more £10 a month extra for multi-room etc. You have to take a risk if you share your card over the net tho, because you share your traceable unique card and box serials. But its still something that sky will be concerned about and they will want to keep their monopoly in the uk. Additionally Dreambox's are notorious for their emu's which give channels for free, so its a scary situation for Sky, as what might come next?

I hope this explains and clears up the current boom of 'my m8 can get a chipped box....' and 'yeah, my friends, dads, brothers kids boyfriend can get u free sky'. This is the time also when you will see more scams around so be careful guys, you will waste your money.

mdizzle said:
hi guy
i m8 gt da sky plus box which has bn chipped. so it has bn hack for sure bt ppl r keepin it low. OO MODSHACK WEBSITE DNT WORK MAN. IT DNT EVEN LET U REGISTER.

: shocked2 chirst, did you text that reply using your mobile phone? i think you need a new keyboard with all the buttons working, as pinky says, its all a friends brothers dog who got the chipped box. the modshack site is probably closed just like DW as the cable scene has gone nuts

happyjim said:
u own the equipment after the 1st yeqr,,, its your responsability

you actually own the equipment from the second your viewing card is activated in the box via the phone line

@ eveyrone listen to pinkhelmitz he knows what he is talking about

there is no public hack to allow you to copy a skycard or to clone a reciever... and if there is it will stay private and never released so even talking about doing it or getting it is pointless unless you like good banter and enjoy talking about this subject ;)

and the dreambox hack we knew about way before it was released public and i have this working on my dreambox 5620S and by no means is it a hack to watch tv for free.

as for card sharing heres the lows of why you wont get anyone sharing!

first off you need you cards serial number and your boxkey (all available from the setup menus)

now these numbers link directly to you and you box - sky have your address and believe me if they found a config file with your details in they would be round and you would then know about being prosecuted and sued!

but if you wanted to share in your local area network and had say 3 dreamboxes then maybe tis safe.... but even having these details on your local area network is not ideal because no matter how much norton firewall you have if real hackers wanted in the would be in!

Back