Am i about to have problems ?

stevejay

Inactive User
Reaction score
my internet has been slowing down so called virgin & they said i need the "superhub" as my netgear is old as the hills, will this cause any probs with my ob s11? thanks for any advice

my internet has been slowing down so called virgin & they said i need the "superhub" as my netgear is old as the hills, will this cause any probs with my ob s11? thanks for any advice

hello
stevejay

changing your rooter wont case you any peoblems with your box if your using dhcp witch im gessing your using as would not be asking this qestion if you knowe how to asing the box a stactic ip.
how old is your netgear rooter?
it sounds like they are trying to foll you?
the best thing you could do is try a speed test to see if its the rooter or your line, when you do this virgin will see the resalts too so if there not good they will have to look at your line.
hears a link for internet speed test: Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
hope this helps

hi mate & thanks for the reply, thing is virgin are not charging me for this new hub , the netgear one must be about 7 years old , thing is im not sure that is the problem, im getting 4 bars on my desktop signal strength excellent, its when im surfing , the pages have suddenly started to take forever to open, so i called virgin & they reckon its the netgear router, like i say in not so sure , but will see once the new hub comes, actually might post something about the problem in the computer problem section see if anyone can help

Check no software has installed tool bars or changed the search engine, this happens a lot and slows the PC down.

Back