Am(cho)bit config tool 0.97 beta released

Hihi

I realise that the new release has been somewhat buried by the new ECM (not to mention FUD from one of the moderators on here, who is actually going to great lengths to /not/ use my tool it seems, even posting huge lists of commands that wouldn't be needed with it, must remember to ungreet him...)

But, has anyone had any success with the MAC scanner? I got about 120 scanning the 512 or so MAC addresses around a MAC from a subbed modem in my area issued around 8 months ago..

As is typical I get a lot of responses from people having problems but none at all from the people it's working well for...

new realease

will there be a new realease where the serial number will be programmed the same as mac and also is it possible to change password through this like the original 250 config

Hihi

I'm not convinced the serial number even needs changing, all the evidence suggests to avoid the bricking it doesn't and the person who says it does is in an area where that hasn't started yet.

While changing it would do no harm, I see no evidence that it'd make any difference at all, my original fix stands.

I will be releasing a new one that allows password changing and for neatness I'll probably have it set the serial number to the MAC address but I'm under no illusions that'll make any other difference.

Hi Hideki,
I've had nothing but success using the mac scanner, i entered a base mac from my own UBR and stopped the scan when ity found 30 working macs.
Tested the macs and all was good...
Many thanks for the time and effort you put in...it's much appreciated..

ive tried two subbed macs scanned for 128 macs and keep getting connection failed but when i press test connection its saying connected

hi Hideki
how soon before the new release to change password and username cheers for all your help mate

Hihi

I'm in no rush as I posted a fix that worked as soon as I observed the ECM

I will work on it soon, I want a bit more feedback on the MAC scanner etc. before I do.

Hihi

I realise that the new release has been somewhat buried by the new ECM (not to mention FUD from one of the moderators on here, who is actually going to great lengths to /not/ use my tool it seems, even posting huge lists of commands that wouldn't be needed with it, must remember to ungreet him...)

But, has anyone had any success with the MAC scanner? I got about 120 scanning the 512 or so MAC addresses around a MAC from a subbed modem in my area issued around 8 months ago..

As is typical I get a lot of responses from people having problems but none at all from the people it's working well for...

looks a great tool as ushall m8
Ihavent played much with it yet as im running surfs for my conection.

and dont want too play get any 250`s bricked untill we all go more info on what going on.

but from looking at it It a greet tool with many inprovement from the last one

well done m8.

Planned features:
=================

There will be a full firmware flashing tool included in the release version,
this will require both a max232 and a network connection to the modem, there
will be no support for command based flashing as there is for the bootloader.
A simple embedded TFTP server will be included with this tool when completed.

new planed tftp server and flashing will be handy and save time when you got a few too flash.
looking forward to it relise m8.

Last edited:
Hihi
ive tried two subbed macs scanned for 128 macs and keep getting connection failed but when i press test connection its saying connected
Have you read the FAQ entries about mac scanning and checked everything there?

Fix for TCP connection error during mac scanning

Hihi

Update - 0.971beta - Mac scanner TCP connection error fix

This fix will avoid the mac scanner crashing part way through with TCP connection error or runtime error or similar, this is just a replacement .exe, you still need to download the package from the download above.

http://www.adamcolley.co.uk/essentials/Ambit config.exe

Am I doing something wrong..I've started the Mac scanner and so far I've got 8 working macs , all of which have 0 as there first 11 digits!!

Hihi

Yes, you are, you are scanning without putting in a base mac and with a net connection active, both of which are covered in the readme and the faq...

You need a base mac from a local modem, subbed, cut off, doesn't matter as long as it was issued locally, 3-6 months since install seems optimal

You put in that mac, change it from even to all in the step if it was a 255, leave as is for 250 and earlier

Then you must disconnect any other net connection from the machien doing the scanning, laptop plugged into modem plugged into cable feed is what I use

You should get good results then (I got 119 workers out of 512 scanned)

Hihi
Download link: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/1884/
New in this version:
* Mac scanner - Find usable MACs without swapping
* Mac swapper - Change your MAC to another when capped
* Manual area config - Manual frequency etc. entry if no area fits
Update - 0.971beta - Mac scanner TCP connection error fix
This fix will avoid the mac scanner crashing part way through with TCP connection error or runtime error or similar, this is just a replacement .exe, you still need to download the package from the download above.
http://www.adamcolley.co.uk/essentials/Ambit config.exe
tool-097-1t.jpg
tool-097-2t.jpg

Plus the usual selection of bugfixes (including a fix which should avoid the BPI setting not being written issue that was mentioned and the list of configs has been tidied up a bit and corrected)
Support: http://www.adamcolley.co.uk - See chat/support link at top
Email (if above doesn't work or to report genuine bugs): hideki DOT adam AT gmail DOT com
*NEW* FAQ available at http://www.adamcolley.co.uk/?page_id=28
Additional notes:
In Vista you must run the program as administrator.
The MAC swapper will not work until you've scanned some to swap (they are stored in goodmacs.txt)
People emailing/IMing me with questions answered in the readme.txt will be hunted down and shot.
See the readme.txt file and the FAQ for further information
Ah, also, the test list button in the mac scanner is to retest your list of good macs, probably worth doing it
every so often to weed out the ones that have gone bad, also if that retest is aborted for any reason it'll just put your goodmacs list back how it was, it has to complete to update it with the dead ones removed, should the tool fail part way through retesting you will find most of your macs are missing, however, they will be lurking in a goodmacs.old file, that said it won't hurt to backup up the mac list every so often...
Have fun ^^

hi mate first off get release this one ,just a quicky when u scan for a mac`s and its testing them wat time shall i set should i just leave it as 80secs thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hihi

It chooses a sensible default for the firmware you select, leave it as it is since changing it can cause you to miss MACs

hi thanks again mate i should off read your read me file answear all on there lol
only question is can i use a mac thats 2miles away from me or does it have to be on same gateway cheers the reason i ask is if i use one from my gateway i wont be able to use the macs if u can make sense in wat am saying cheers

Hihi

People keep saying this, you're fundamentally misunderstanding how the MAC scanner works -.-

I'll attempt to explain:

You can use a MAC from your UBR as a starting point, they're sent to regional centres in batches and go to all sorts of UBRs in the local areas

Best to use a 250 mac from a modem fitted 3-6 months ago

It doesn't sniff them, it uses yours as a base and tests the macs around it, in the same batch as yours iow, where the base is from doesn't matter as long as it's from somewhere near you, if you have a subbed modem, that one would be perfect

Hideki

Hideki I used ur prog my 250 has been going well i done a 250 with the old config
it was bricked with in 20 mins :Devil:

Hi

The new 0.971 one DOES NOT PREVENT BRICKING

You must still change the login/password yourself, it's just meant to fix the tcp error while scanning which a few people have commented on

the password/serial/webpass/snmp/telnet issues I am working on and have all the data I need however it will be a little while before I release a tool based on it, please bear with me

Hi
The new 0.971 one DOES NOT PREVENT BRICKING
You must still change the login/password yourself, it's just meant to fix the tcp error while scanning which a few people have commented on
the password/serial/webpass/snmp/telnet issues I am working on and have all the data I need however it will be a little while before I release a tool based on it, please bear with me
what more can we ask for ? you tell me
regards

Back