after some weight training advice

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
im looking to start building muscle, I run 3 times a week and train jujitsu twice a week, ive cleaned my diet right up, and take on no low quality carbs, make sure I get my 5 a day, get plenty of protein, and drink plenty of water. I have a squat rack, a bench, some kettlebells, and a load of weights. Ive started getting in some sets of push ups, and planks. what im looking for is some sort of plan to build muscle, ideally some sort of plan that i can stick to on a daily basis. I am also looking at introducing whey and creatine, whats the forums opinion on this?

Thanks a lot Guys :)

Get stuck in mate, I've recently got back into it (well its been about 7 months) after I trained for years and then stopped. I ignore all these different routines and guides, I break it down into different muscle groups train 4 times a week with breaks in between and generally just add more weight to my sessions after a period of time doing cardio twice a week. Creatine is fine - load it up for the first week 5 grams twice a day and then take 5 grams each day when ever you want (that's what I do anyway).

As for whey protein I just make sure I have a mixed diet trying to stick to chicken and tuna on the days I train and then eat normally the rest of the week. If your goals are to get BIG then its a lifestyle change - Im just going with the flow as if I tried to get big it wouldn't last as my lifestyle doesn't really allow me to eat as necessary etc etc.

Good luck!

Get stuck in mate, I've recently got back into it (well its been about 7 months) after I trained for years and then stopped. I ignore all these different routines and guides, I break it down into different muscle groups train 4 times a week with breaks in between and generally just add more weight to my sessions after a period of time doing cardio twice a week. Creatine is fine - load it up for the first week 5 grams twice a day and then take 5 grams each day when ever you want (that's what I do anyway).

As for whey protein I just make sure I have a mixed diet trying to stick to chicken and tuna on the days I train and then eat normally the rest of the week. If your goals are to get BIG then its a lifestyle change - Im just going with the flow as if I tried to get big it wouldn't last as my lifestyle doesn't really allow me to eat as necessary etc etc.

Good luck!

That's all I do, make up a routine based on the main lifts split over 3 or 4 days and add resistance gradually (progressive overload). All that cardio might make it more difficult to gain mass though.

If you look through this section there are some ideas, mine is different now as I'm at a different gym and you have to figure out what equipment you have and what exercises you like:

Post up your current workout...
HELP with routine at home please ? Restricted height in Gym
Exercise Plan

cheers guys :) i dont want to get massive or anything, just to put on a bit of muscle and be toned

This is a sample routine that I used to use. I think you should be OK equipment wise with what you have.

I usually put the previous weeks figures grey'ed out so I know if I am making any progress. To start with I would look at getting around 50% of your max and then increase by 10% per week so within a month you should be close to your max. Then after a that switch to 1 to 3% or so increase per week.

When I move up in weight, I usually allow a slight longer rest period between reps then look at decreasing that before next weight increase. Whole routine takes me around 45min to an hour inc some stretching and 5 minutes rowing for warm-up and then couple of minutes of stretching to cool off.

View attachment Gym Routine template.zip

Also be interested to know what style of jujitsu you train in ?

Back