• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Advice needed-path to take for Domestic Certification

lolo1

Hi
Can please someone guide me to the best route to take for to be able to Certify Domestic Electrical Insulation. I have over the past 30 years done number of domestic rewiring in my own properties and had to get someone to certify the insulation, which was not always easy. I am apprentice trained Mechanical Engineer and spent over 25 years in the industry until it all disappeared thanks to our leaders. I retrained myself and for past few years I run a Mobile phone and PC repairs business. The business is not as good as it used be, every bright spark thinks they can do the repairs.

4 years ago I did part P examination and I was "considered" a competent person, but since the change in the law last year I have to be able to test the Insulation to be considered a competent person :Boo:. My interest is basically to do Testing on a part time basis I need the experience in testing more than Installation. Can any one suggest any course which is not too costly and will give me required experience. I am even willing to work for free if someone will give me the chance to learn testing technique.

Sorry for the long post

Br