advice before I spend the £££s

aRo

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi guys,

looking to buy a eurovox so that I can watch/record channels esp HD -

been seeing all different models but which one do you think is the best out of the lot?

I saw a ex5000 and and ex8000 HD+ on the web - are they any good? will also be handy if you can recommend the best place to get them too :)

Also am i right in thinking that they have and input connector at the back that is the same as the VM box?

cheers!

Hi guys,

looking to buy a eurovox so that I can watch/record channels esp HD -

been seeing all different models but which one do you think is the best out of the lot?

I saw a ex5000 and and ex8000 HD+ on the web - are they any good? will also be handy if you can recommend the best place to get them too :)

Also am i right in thinking that they have and input connector at the back that is the same as the VM box?

cheers!
is it worth purchasing a cable hd box there is at the moment on 1 channel if u can call it a channel
BBC1 HD

it isnt the BBC1 channel in HD far from it i would wait

I agree with DavidH, Cable HDTV is totally shit.

I see no reason to buy a HD box.

Just to let you no before you buy a eurovox. If you want to record a channel you have to watch that channel. All Eurovox models only come with a single tuner (not twin).

There are 2 models which record the ex5100 and the ex7000 HD. The ex8000 is the satellite model not cable.

The ex5100 replaces the ex5000 as the ex5000 was cloned. Requires a hard drive and the recommended hard drive is seagate 120gb only, do not use western digital as they dont function properly with eurovox. hard drives are around £55

The most popular box is the eurovox ex1000 slimline, has no recording facilities but fantastic box for the price.

I have the ex1000 and would recommend this box to anyone. I paid £85 for it from arrived next day, also comes with the rs232 cable.

The ex1000 have been cloned and cheap versions coming in from china everyday.
The clone looks identical but inside the box are cheaper components This is the same as the ex5000.

Hope this info was help to you

sorry been removed we dont allow links to sellers

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let you no before you buy a eurovox. If you want to record a channel you have to watch that channel. All Eurovox models only come with a single tuner (not twin).

There are 2 models which record the ex5100 and the ex7000 HD. The ex8000 is the satellite model not cable.

The ex5100 replaces the ex5000 as the ex5000 was cloned. Requires a hard drive and the recommended hard drive is seagate 120gb only, do not use western digital as they dont function properly with eurovox. hard drives are around £55

The most popular box is the eurovox ex1000 slimline, has no recording facilities but fantastic box for the price.

I have the ex1000 and would recommend this box to anyone. I paid £85 for it from arrived next day, also comes with the rs232 cable.

The clone looks identical but inside the box are cheaper components This is the same as the ex5000.

also noticed that the addy u posted is ur site

You don't have to watch the channel you are recording, you can watch another channel on the same frequency as the one you are recording

just sneaking in from work comp :)

ok forgot to also mention that it would also be nice to view box office event e.g. the boxing - hatton fight coming up :)

but if other threads are true on April should have more HD channels - fingers crossed anyway

Last edited:
Back