adding picons to newenigma2

standarren1975

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys has any one any idea how to add picons to newenigma2 for the dm800hd i'm not having much look

Most of the images i have tried, picons have to be in media/usb/picon to work they don't seem to work on a hard drive just usb, or a cf card.

i added picon i noticed the size is small so half the channel names not readable

picons from SGT

Thanks

your suppose to use a hard drive of usb stick as picons take up too much space on the dm800hd if you have epg running as well
expect lag and lock ups

I have usb and hard drive.

I have no idea about these picons? I know there like a channel icon but how does it match the picon to the channel?

I have no idea about these picons? I know there like a channel icon but how does it match the picon to the channel?

Format your usb at your pc,choose fat32(other might work too)then connect it to your box,press blue and choose newenigma services/manage additional software/online installer/add/remove picons.Download the picon package you like.
Your usb will be detected as a autofs/sda1(even you will have the name of your usb stick)
in autofs/sda1 you will have a map(i choose hd picons so i get Picon hd)
then searc and fine any picon package via google.download and extract and send the containing picons to that map it has been created in autosf/sda1

Last thing is to activate picon folder in newenigma2 services.Blue/NewenigmaservisesOsd settings and change Skin picon location to your USB device
Skin picon location your usb
Lcd Picon location type same as first 1
LCD display type Enigma2 .And reboot
regards

Last edited:
Format your usb at your pc,choose fat32(other might work too)then connect it to your box,press blue and choose newenigma services/manage additional software/online installer/add/remove picons.Download the picon package you like.
Your usb will be detected as a autofs/sda1(even you will have the name of your usb stick)
then searc and fine any picon package via google.download and extract and send the containing picons to that map it has been created in autosf/sda1

Last thing is to activate picon folder in newenigma2 services.Blue/NewenigmaservisesOsd settings and change Skin picon location to your USB device
Skin picon location your usb
LCD display type Enigma2 .And reboot
regards

For some reason i getting half of these tried avery not getting them to work on software/online installer/add/remove picons there none for 28.2e

For some reason i getting half of these tried avery not getting them to work on software/online installer/add/remove picons there none for 28.2e

i use lt hd skin,download and try with it,i am on newenigma2-release.2011.01.12
here is for astra 2a

Last edited:
i use lt hd skin,download and try with it,i am on newenigma2-release.2011.01.12
here is for astra 2a

i have downloaded LT6 hd skin copy your file into picon folder in DCC rebooted box getting nothing on the box.
these are setting in the box
skin picon location (expertpicons)
expert picon folder (picon)

i have downloaded LT6 hd skin copy your file into picon folder in DCC rebooted box getting nothing on the box.
these are setting in the box
skin picon location (expertpicons)
expert picon folder (picon)

here is again m8

Last thing is to activate picon folder in newenigma2 services.Blue/Newenigmaservises/Osd settings and change :
Skin picon location to your USB device
LCD display type Enigma2 .And rebooot

regards

here is again m8

Last thing is to activate picon folder in newenigma2 services.Blue/Newenigmaservises/Osd settings and change :
Skin picon location to your USB device
LCD display type Enigma2 .And rebooot

regards

The 500HD does not have USB or HDD i have renamed the folder to piconHD in DCC still nothing

The 500HD does not have USB or HDD i have renamed the folder to piconHD in DCC still nothing

i thougt that it was for dm800 .Sure it must be a way for dm500 hd too.try edg nemesis or new dreamelite ,might be easier to handle on those images.,you may even try to use extension cable for micro usb to usb and try to connect a usb drive.Its not recommended to run picons on flash.they take too much space but it will be ok with only astra2a

Last edited:
there must be some one out there using 500HD on newengima2 as tried couple forums but no luck so far

youll need to get a nas drive an setup a folder for your picons there, then mount it

Back