Adding Missing Channels Tutorial - for Noobs

so from the <channel serviceID="0191" name="Hustler TV UK" tsid="0004" onid="0031"/> i will have to add the details under the 0004 transponder ?

I've just read this thread and it actually tells you what to do.

It's not the services file that you want, it's any of the userbouquet files. Edit these with your data and the channel should come up in the bouquet file.

ah i see what you mean i thaught it was the file that was called bouquets not an actual user bouquet file i thaught it was the master on i was trying to edit no wonder it didnt work daft me thanks again i will give it a go tomorrow now i have created the edited file i will upload to my dreambox tomorrow and see what happens from there

Got this working using dcc and dreamedit. five xxx channels work and sly box office thanks mrdude.

This is for enigma images - and each area is different that's why you need to use a local services file from a dbox that's from your area to find the id's that you need, also if you are using neutrino - it's pretty much the exact same - just look at the way the channels are in the services file and add extra lines on the frequency (transponder) with the channels you want to add.

hi,
can you upload your boxoffice sevice line for us so i can add that in sports

all other working for me.
thanks
: multi :

hi,
can you upload your boxoffice sevice line for us so i can add that in sports

all other working for me.
thanks
: multi :

Here you go mate -

#SERVICE: 1:0:1:6a4:7:f020:0:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION: Sky Box Office

ive tried this and can edit file etc as described but it will not allow me to upload the edited file back to the box.

It is doing the normal and asking if i want to overwrite etc but for some reason it wont do it any ideas ??

i have added the channels to my bouquettes and the new channels work but th other channels i had such as the adult channel and playboy no longer work they just appear as a black screen any help as to how to fix this

maybe on of them people with the powers and know all, ( unlike me ) could put a modded userbouquet file in the download section, with instructions on where to upload it to on the DB...

is that a good idea, or should I shut ma gob :(

I'm with banger on this one..... :)

I've been trying this all morning and I'm getting no where fast....

the story so far -

downloaded all my channels via dreamboxedit, deleted all my bouquets and made a new one called xxx. and saved the the service files to a folder called test on my PC

opened ultraedit and went to the test folder,
now i think this is the bit I'm messing up as i can't seem to find anything in there with xxx in it to add the new channels

so do i just keep trying all the 'userbouquet.9f5c7.vt' etc until i find the right one or is there some easier way to do this???

Mubz
:Dunce:

aaah, ok you're right it's not that hard once you kinda get your head around it...
so if we can get the sport boxoffice can we get the movie boxoffices channels too???

@ banger
ok all you need to do is download your channels via dreamboxedit
go to the folder where you saved the service files
(you should already have ultraedit on your PC)
when you open the folder you'll have a list like this
PHP:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
the ones you're interested in start
userbouquet.dbe.*03*.tv
* is the number of the actual bouquet*
so just right click on the userbouquet and open it with ultraedit.
once ultraedit opens up it tells you what bouquet you are in at the very top
should sat something like #NAME XXX
keep opening up these files until you find the bouquet you want
then just copy and paste the codes from the start of this post in under the name, save it, then reload the file back into the box....

it's that easy...

I've uploaded my bouquets in the download section if anyone wants then...

Mubz

Last edited:
Worked for me, it took for me to do a re-scan to find the extra channels though

aaah, ok you're right it's not that hard once you kinda get your head around it...
so if we can get the sport boxoffice can we get the movie boxoffices channels too???

@ banger
ok all you need to do is download your channels via dreamboxedit
go to the folder where you saved the service files
(you should already have ultraedit on your PC)
when you open the folder you'll have a list like this
PHP:
the ones you're interested in start
userbouquet.dbe.*03*.tv
* is the number of the actual bouquet*
so just right click on the userbouquet and open it with ultraedit.
once ultraedit opens up it tells you what bouquet you are in at the very top
should sat something like #NAME XXX
keep opening up these files until you find the bouquet you want
then just copy and paste the codes from the start of this post in under the name, save it, then reload the file back into the box....

it's that easy...

I've uploaded my bouquets in the download section if anyone wants then...

Mubz

hi mate can you tell me where you posted your new bouquets is it /var/tuxbox/config/enigma?

hi mate can you tell me where you posted your new bouquets is it /var/tuxbox/config/enigma?

I didn't do it by FTPing into the dreambox, i used dreamboxedit...
i downloaded the channels and bouquets from the box using dreamboxedit , changed the codes then used dreamboxedit to fire the edited channels back in again...

sorry i can't be any more help :(

Mubz

When i try to add Sly Box Office , i used Dreambox edit to download the channels and bouquets , then using Ultraedit select the Sports bouquet and add
#SERVICE: 1:0:1:6a4:7:f020:0:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION: Sky Box Office
then save , and get Dreambox edit to send the files back , but i get an error warning saying that there is an error in a file and it will be removed , and there's still no Sly Box Office on my dreambox (DM-500c running the latest DW Image ) ..

What an i doing Wrong ????

For Cyros image, added SBO by ftp to var/tuxbox/config/zapit/services.xml.

This morning wanted to see if it could be done by tux commander as some of my family are not networked up.
Went into same location as above and chose edit, then looked for the same transponder id i needed. When i found that paragraph with a few channels in i just copied one of the lines to create a duplicate, then scrolled down to new line and changed the id to the new SBO id and renamed it to whatever i wanted. Saved it rebooted box and its there.

You would need to know the correct bits to put in, but this can be done from your remote for those that are going to have trouble ftping.

I had to copy a line as couldn't find the key for " on the remote anywhere, unless anybody knows how to input that?

Different images should be able to be done this way, but will require different lines.

Just wanted to give everyone a little heads up on how to get this working on DW2.0, if you're on 6592 in the Worcestershire area:

• Create a new bouquet manually on your box called Adult
  • Navigate to: /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/cable/ using FTP.
  • Open up the most recently edited file, and try and find the file which says: #NAME Adult at the top
  • Add the following below it:

Code:

That'll add the following channels:

• Adult Channel
  • Playboy Channel
  • Television X
  • 100% Babes
  • Red Hot Amateur
  • Red hot all girl (Pretty sure this isn't all girl chan ;))
  • Red hot wives
  • Spice xtreme

If anyone has any other channels they can add, please let me know and I'll test them and update my post ;)

Last edited:
Back