Adding Missing Channels Tutorial - for Noobs

Hmmm interesting, will need to try this out!

Every day's a school day! ;)

LOL it sure is m8, I discovered this method by trail and error when I first had a db500 using the dw image, I had to figure out a way to stop the channels deleting themselves so I removed them from the services file but left them in bouquets - and it worked.

If you want to stop them being deleted, just check the 'disable auto services update' in the expert menu.

But this is also good to know. Thanks m8.

How does the box know where to look for the channel if it's not in the services file?

You can have no userbouquet files at all and still access the channels from the All Services screen.

If you look at this first line:

#SERVICE: 1:0:1:624:6:f020:0:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION: 100% Babes

This line tells the dreambox it is a type 1 service (TV program) and that the transponder to use is transponder 6 - also that the address to look on that transponder is 624. (the other stuff is just pid info but we don't need to set this)

As the services file knows what frequency transponder 6 is using we don't need to add that info - but we do need to give the program a name - that's what the description line is for.

I hope that clears it up - if you look in a dbox services file you can get transponder info and channel addresses for that transponder - then you can add any channels you want to your bouquets.

Last edited:
thanks mate worked first time been trying to get they channels for ages and to anyone thinking its hard its not really easy:asta:

worked for me too i just did wot mrdude said ,i put them into userbouquets and switched on last nite and they were there apart from 100% now i allways thot that it had to be in your service files too ?so wot your saying mrdude is that all d box channels can be added to dreambox userbouqets file without all the other hassel?

Last edited:
I can't get this working mate.

I've navigated to the path: /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/

Then I've tried adding it to two files:

• userbouquet.33fc5.tv
  • userbouquets.tv.epl

Then I've navigated to the two URLS (replacing your IP with mine) and refreshed my settings and bouquets. Not only this, but i've manually rebooted the box, and they're not showing anywhere. Not oin the main channels listing, and not in my favourites bouquet (only one I have set up atm).

I'm stumped.

I did it this way if it helps.

Download Dreamboxedit (from DL section)

Download ultraedit-32 (iso hunt is a good start)

Open dreamboxedit, click the FTP button and click recieve files from dreambox.

Open ultraedit and navigate to the files you have just recieved, use one of your userboq's (dont convert to DOS)

Copy and paste the lines on page one of this thread, save it, close ultraedit.

Go back to dreamboxedit and click send files to dreambox, then click reload settings on dreambox.

The services should now be in the userboq's you put them in....hopefully!

I can't get this working mate.

I've navigated to the path: /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/

Then I've tried adding it to two files:

• userbouquet.33fc5.tv
  • userbouquets.tv.epl

Then I've navigated to the two URLS (replacing your IP with mine) and refreshed my settings and bouquets. Not only this, but i've manually rebooted the box, and they're not showing anywhere. Not oin the main channels listing, and not in my favourites bouquet (only one I have set up atm).

I'm stumped.

all i did was download ultraedit then ftp into box and found my userboquets and copied them to say userboquets on box file opend up ultraedit and found the adult channel userbouquet copied the ones mrdude posted and pasted them into the file saved it then ftp back into box and transefered all my files back into it (usually says do you want to overite all just say yes )and jobs done

Last edited:
What I did was:

Created a new bouquet on the DB with no channels added to it (damage limitation if all goes pear-shaped);

Telnet to box (/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/cable) and looked for user bouquet file containing just the new bouquet name I created;

Used vi to append the lines found in the first post (plus the Sly Box Office entry) to the new user bouquet file;

Rebooted DB.

Voila!

Q: Does anyone know how to make these channels appear in the All Services list? The format of the userbouquet file in the enigma folder (one level above) looks different to the ones in the cables sub-folder.

What I did was:

Q: Does anyone know how to make these channels appear in the All Services list? The format of the userbouquet file in the enigma folder (one level above) looks different to the ones in the cables sub-folder.

Don't put them there m8 or they will be deleted again.....that's why they didn't work in the first place.

Am i right in thinking they would be different for 6952

Looking at a dbox services.xml, is it the transponder id or the onid i use??? this is a neutrino services file.

Finally sorted it, its different for 6952.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Will need some tweaking, when night comes and some deads in there, but you can delete what you want.

Last edited:
I got it working. Had to create a user bouquet called "Adult", navigate to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/cable/ and then find the file which this bouqet was assosciated with, then add it to the end :)

I cant seem to get it working, Has anyone done this with the latest neutrino image?

This is for enigma images - and each area is different that's why you need to use a local services file from a dbox that's from your area to find the id's that you need, also if you are using neutrino - it's pretty much the exact same - just look at the way the channels are in the services file and add extra lines on the frequency (transponder) with the channels you want to add.

just some i'm understanding this the services files is different for each 'area'.

I was going to ask if someone could post up a complete services guide. So i could edit mine and add any missing channels.

Or is there two types one for 6887 and one for 6952 ?

Thanks !!

just some i'm understanding this the services files is different for each 'area'.

I was going to ask if someone could post up a complete services guide. So i could edit mine and add any missing channels.

Or is there two types one for 6887 and one for 6952 ?

Thanks !!

There are MORE than two types - just get a services file from the dbox section thats from your area - then you can get transponder & channel details from that.

Read the whole thread for info and what you need to look for.

thanks mrdude.

The only problem is that the dbox services folder doesnt have the services file for my area. Is there any other way to get hold of one ?

Thanks !

I have spent ages trying neutrino and cant get it work. Has anyone succesfully done it for neutrino

Cheers

I have spent ages trying neutrino and cant get it work. Has anyone succesfully done it for neutrino

Cheers

Yes it's very easy for neutrino - but you will need to add the info to the bouquets and services file. just change the type from 00 to 01.

Back