Acekard 2i help

M3NTAL

Banned
Reaction score
I've just bought an original Acekard 2i. I copied the latest AKAIO onto the card but when I turn on the DSi I get a black screen telling me an 'error has occured' and i need to reboot.

How can I be sure that I've bought a legit Acekard?

The seller claimed they were real and it had bloody better be as it cost me almost twenty quid.

I saw on the Acekard site that something called a HW44 isn't compatible with the 1.4.3 Nintendo formware.

What is a HW44, is it a version of the AK2, if it is, how can I check to see what version mine is.

It appears that I have a genuine card as I checked the code on the Anti-Clone section of the AK website. :)

Last edited:
are you using it on a dsi or dslite?

if a dsi, what version firmware is console on?

can u get hold of a dslite incase card needs updating?

when u say copied the akaio over to sd card.

did you open folder and copy _aio folder and akmenu file to root of sd card?
if you put leave in a folder the card wont work...

Last edited:
Were did you buy the card from the AK2i clones from price angels are £7 if you paid £20 Its more than likely it is not a clone.

Did you formatt the sd card proparly before you put the AK firmware on ? use this tool instead of windows http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/ to formatt your sd card.

are you using it on a dsi or dslite?

DSi matey.

if a dsi, what version firmware is console on?

It did have 1.4.2 but after I tried a few times to get it to work I upgraded the DSi to 1.4.3 - but i still get the same screen.

can u get hold of a dslite incase card needs updating?

I can get a DSi 1.4.2 tomorrow, will that be of any use?

when u say copied the akaio over to sd card.
did you open folder and copy _aio folder and akmenu file to root of sd card?
if you put leave in a folder the card wont work...

I extracted everything from the AKAIO folder, it contained a few .txt fils a single AKmenu4.nds file and a _AIO folder.
All these files are in the root of the SD card.

Were did you buy the card from the AK2i clones from price angels are £7 if you paid £20 Its more than likely it is not a clone.

Game Console World, UKs No.1 for Premodded Wii and XBOX360 | Modchip | Drivekey | Wii Modding | Wii Mods - Game Console World - Wii mod chips, wii chipping, wii mod, wii modded, wii chip

I'm almost certain it is genuine.

Did you formatt the sd card proparly before you put the AK firmware on ? use this tool instead of windows http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/ to formatt your sd card.

Yes mate i used that tool to format it thoroughly but still no joy.

I am using an 8Gb SD card which I also bought from the same place, the SD card works great in a PSP and my digital camera.

im guessing that your card hasn't been updated for 1.4.3 dsi.

the best way to rule that out is to use a dslite and run latest update on it.....

as long as the card has been updated for 1.4.2 dsi, then you can use that to run update.

it should be ready for 1.4.2 if its new i would think, but im wondering why you had a problem to start with...

did u download the akaio firmware from acekard official site?

Try and download your firmware again from a different source then when its downloaded dont copy and paste it to your sd card cut and paste it or select move file.

Just a long shot.

im guessing that your card hasn't been updated for 1.4.3 dsi.

Oh...I need to update the card, isn't that what the firmware update does?
Sorry for the noob questions. I've never done this before. I've read a shit load of articles, but it's always different when it comes to doing it. :)

the best way to rule that out is to use a dslite and run latest update on it.....

I don't have access to a DS lite mate but I can borrow a friends DSi. Does it need to be done in a Lite?

as long as the card has been updated for 1.4.2 dsi, then you can use that to run update.

I'm getting confused now - sorry. :)

Are you saying that if my AceKard 2i has firmware on it which will run on a DSi with 1.4.2 firmware then I should be able to run the AK2i update?

did u download the akaio firmware from acekard official site?

Yes mate, I got it from http://www.acekard.com

Try and download your firmware again from a different source then when its downloaded dont copy and paste it to your sd card cut and paste it or select move file.

Just a long shot.

Thanks for the reply mate, but I've already tried a few different sources.

I'm just off the phone from my mate, he told me he has a Acekard 2i clone which is running the previous official AK2i 1.4.2 compatible firmware, will I be able to use this machine to update my new card?

Last edited:
Oh...I need to update the card, isn't that what the firmware update does?
Sorry for the noob questions. I've never done this before. I've read a shit load of articles, but it's always different when it comes to doing it. :)

I don't have access to a DS lite mate but I can borrow a friends DSi. Does it need to be done in a Lite?

I'm getting confused now - sorry. :)

Are you saying that if my AceKard 2i has firmware on it which will run on a DSi with 1.4.2 firmware then I should be able to run the AK2i update?

Yes mate, I got it from http://www.acekard.com

right each time ninty update fimrware on the dsi it disables the flashcards.
so in the past twelve months(ish), dsi has been updated a few times from 1.4 through to 1.4.3.
each time this happens acekard release an update for the card, ( not to be confused with akaio firmware)

so depending on when your card was manufactured, it may need updating to work on latest versions of dsi's. (this is why i like to use dslite's because any acekard should work on any dslite)

now here is the problem.
if your card has been blocked by the new console firmware and needs updating, then you cannot use your new console to update your card as the consoles firmware blocks it.....

so you need an console on older firmware to run update.....

clear as mud.. lol

Thanks for that mate.

I understand what you said but I'm still worried as to why my 1.4.2 DSi couldn't boot a brand new AK2i that i had just installed.........STOP PRESS....I've just realised what I've done, and I'm a dick!

My DSi had 1.4.2 on it, my new AK2i didn't boot it so I grabbed the latest AK2i update which was for DSi firmware 1.4.3 (so my AK2i had the 1.4.3 update on it) and I upgraded my DSi from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3.

What I should have done is upgraded my AK2i to the new firmware whilst my DSi was running 1.4.2, now that it's on 1.4.3 I'll need a machine running 1.4.2 to upgrade the AK2i?

My head is sore after that, and it's probably bullshit anyway, lol. :)

yes lol,
but it still doesn't explain why your card wouldn't boot right away.

simplest way to fix it is beg , steal or borrow a dslite for 5 minutes and run the update on your card.....

then hopefully you will be sorted.. :)

if your card passed the clone test like you said, then you should have no problem doing it this way....

I don't know anyone with a lite.

I'll ask the kids to borrow one off their friends.

Regardless, I'll still have a DSi running 1.4.2 in my hands tomorrow - hopefully this will be able to upgrade my card. :)

I'm beginning to think that the AK2i is faulty.

I've got 3 DS's (1 lite and 2 DSi) here and it will not boot in any of them.

1 of them is running 1.4.3 and the other 2 are on 1.4.2. I've formatted the SD card and installed the latest firmware update along with AKAIO but as soon as I try to launch the card i get the black screen error.

reformat your sd card,
then download akaio firmware
View attachment AKAIO.1.8.7.rar

open the file and copy _aio folder and akmenu file to root of sd card...

see it it boots up.
check on dslite first, should work on there

if that dont work, then try the 1.8.1 firmware....
tlet us know how you go.. :)

Attachments

• AKAIO_v1.8.1.rar
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I get the same black screen system error on all machines using both versions of AKAIO.

Like this...

nintendo-3ds-error-message.jpg

i should definatly boot on a dslite.

put the acekard in older dsi without a microsd card in it and tell me which icon it shows up as.

The icon says '"DORASU", just like this....

icon_of_acekard2i.jpg

I have a DSi here which has 1.4.3 firmware on it and an Acekard 2i running the latest AKAOI and it is also called DORASU but the icon is different.

Like this....

acekard_2i_updating_06.jpg

Last edited:
the icon on the bottom is from an acekard that is updated to run on latest firmware.
i think the top card needs updating.
the dorsus icon was used on a previous update, it went alexryder strombreaker, dorsus, chess now back to dorsus,

you must have a problem with sd card, if you can see the icons then the cards are not blocked.
do you have a spare sd card to try?

test with the acekard used in bottom image as this card is defo up to date.

this is exactly how the files should appear on your acekard.....

acekard.JPG

The SD card works fine in the other DS's and PSP (using adapter).

I've got 3 different SD cards and they all behave the same way in the problematic AK2i.

Even if there was no SD card in the AK2i, wouldn't it still try to boot but tell me the system files are missing?

Back