Access Webif Externally

Stiofain

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there

I would like to be able to access the webif page of my dreambox externally so that I can change the channel easily (I have a slingbox hooked up to my dreambox but changing the channel is a nightmare)

I have been trying all morning to do it but I am obviously missing something. I have searched on the forum and I can't find anything that gives step by step instructions. This was the closest I got (https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/242145/)

I have set up an account with No-IP

Thx in advance

Stiofain

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you allowed access from your router?

Have you allowed access from your router?

I have set up port forwarding if that is what you mean. I have not
done anything else. If I should be please let me know

Thx

I have set up port forwarding if that is what you mean. I have not
done anything else. If I should be please let me know

Thx

What router do you have, you might have some firewall that is preventing the packets ?

So you have forwarded port 80 to IP WHATEVER THE dreambox ip is?, and any other port that is used by interface...

Sounds like router issue to me mate but could be wrong of course :)

Mick

Okay - starting to pull my hair out now. None of the ports are forwarding

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that my modem in the attic has a 192.XXX.X.XXX ip addy but my router has a 10.XXX.X.XXX address. I don't think it should but I am not sure

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Does your router support DMZ?

Not sure if the Dreambox uses iptables or not seeing as it's a Linux box?

I still think it's the router, if you have the option for DMZ you could try that in the Dreambox ip address???

Anyone else?

Ideas

Sent on the go!

sometimes after setting up the port forwarding to port 80 its vital to reset the modem and router as well as your equipment by unplugging for a quick minute and resetting receiver from rear switch. give that a shot gl

Back